We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Vacation

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Vacation

Trying to get info about a resort that has a jacuzzi in the room or the balcony. Any areas and ideas. Just want luxury and quiet with things to do if we choose to. May be AI if the food is excellent like seafood or just pay for our own meals. Any suggestions

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Vacation

las brisas or camino real or maybe check out as well the quinta real...all very romantic...zzaa

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Vacation

Las Brisas looks very nice but how far are they from the beach?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Vacation

Las Brisas is not on the beach (for the most part). It's on the inland side of the Carretera Escenica. But ... they have these little pink jeeps that will take you (across the street) down to their Beach Club area - and then give you a ride back.

All depends on what's important to you ... being in a hotel that's literally ON the beach - or being close to town with a little "pool" of your own.

Of course, the Camino and the Quinta are also options (as Zzaa has mentioned) - but they are further away from town.

You may also find that, at most of the "upscale" hotels in the Diamante area (east of town), the restaurants/food are adequate - but, you should know that you'd be missing out on some great restaurants (and food) all over the city!

I realize, however, that we all think differently - and appreciate that you may have priorities which aren't the same as ours.

Good Luck to you.

RonVal

P.S. Just an FYI. You mention "luxury" (which is a subjective word). Although Acapulco does have some facilites which I'd call "upscale" - such as the ones mentioned - they're really not what I'd term "luxury" (as you might find in Cancun, or elsewhere - or what you might think of here in the States). I'd do some more reading and research if I were you - so as not to be disappointed down the road.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Vacation

Thank you for the info. We have 5 nights at the most to get away from our 4 children. I have been to Acapulco before when I was a teenager years ago at the Acapulco Princess. I am also considering Cancun but we have stayed at the Royal Mayan which was nice might go to the Riveria. I don't really care how much we go to town as I want to relax, hang by the pool or ocean and drink and also spend time in our room.

michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Vacation

Search for Las Brisas Tips in the discussion section and look for some comments I put there. It should help you get an idea as to whether or not Las Brisas is for you...

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Vacation

wincha,

If you really want luxury then IMO I would look at Quinta Real, for me it is the more exclusive of all hotels in ACA. If it isn't for you then as already said Camino Real and Las Brisas certainly offer two other great options. If you are wanting excellent food forget AI and check out the restaurant list to see what you can find.