We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reported Restaurant Closings

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Reported Restaurant Closings

Terra Luna, Hooters, Jovito's and El Olivido have all closed their doors.

I wonder how long it will take Trip Advisor to remove them from the listings?

Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

Include La Mansion, they just announced it in todays paper.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

I thought that the steaks were much better at Los Carolinas (Hotel San Juan). I hope that it is open when I arrive.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
773 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

aargh....the Mansion on the Costera? That was my go-to for a/c on very humid nights.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,012 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

El Olvito has been for about 6 months now. TA will remove them if told but I would wait to see if some are waiting for high season in hopes of reopening. Too bad about La Mansion I know Hank liked them quite a bit too.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

Aca Port Dude???

Where or what newspaper was that in ? I have a dinner invitation there this week?

So I called and they said it was not going to be closing.....BEsides where would all the politicos go then?? I see they have a lot of daily business and that would sure be a surprise! I sure hope not!!!

Now Jaguar is another story....few clients.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

Hooters and the sushi place next door had there signs taken down when I drove by today. A sign was up in front of Hooters saying they're closed until further notice. On a lighter note I drove by Su Casa a few hours ago and they were open for buisness. I heard there is a tunnel project from Brisas Mar to Puerto Marques.

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

Too bad, just a sign of the times, not good at all. I ate at Hooters last year. It was good burger and the Bud was Ice Cold. Le Mansion as well ! What is next Macdonalds. Hey Snork, Need and Truck I can already here them playing that Door song The End. Well at least Ican say I visited 10 years in a row. Here's hoping Snork when you go your report will say otherwise.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
946 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

I hope La Mansion closing is just a rumour what a beautiful spot and the service was fantastic.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

LOL. I avoid Hooters at home. I will follow my nose and report anything that smells delicious :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reported Restaurant Closings

Sign of the times for sure. Also not a fan of Hooters (nor of any other U.S. restaurant chain in Mexico) but too bad about Jovito's as that was an option. It will be interesting to see which establishments ultimately survive Aca's lean times, and also what eventually springs up from the ashes. Oh well, as long as Fruitiland (along with La Cabana and some of my fav. eatery spots around the zocolo) stay open, I will be a happy camper :)

Edited: 08 November 2011, 14:34