We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update from Acapulco

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Update from Acapulco

Well, we got to ACA on Thursday, 11/23. Our driver (friend) picked us up at airport with Freo Coronas. What a nice welcome! Ok, so, it has been wonderful. We actually feel safer on this trip, than we did back in Feb. 2011 (which wasn't an issue at that time at all). But, you also see the happness in the Mexicans faces. Our friend had full capacity for Pazolle day, Golden Bar. The even had to seat people outside, it was so busy. Everybody is living day to day as normal. Watched the Great Green Bay Packers win, we now 11-0 WOW. Went to Mother Hubbards for Ameicano Thankgiving. Turkey, dressing, papas, gravy, cranberrys, and of course pumkin pie. It was excellent. Turkey was perfecto! They are selling real fresh Christmas trees at Walmart. Being from Wisconsin, that was funny to see. Everybody decorating for the holiday. Many Christmas trees all over. Beautiful! I write more... Oh the peso to US is $13.5 to $13.9. Going to Bararoja for dinner tonight.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update from Acapulco

Way to go, MiAmora!. Thanks for the update. When I get there in early January all the Christmas stuff is still on display. Remember big Christmas tree fire at Papagao Park?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update from Acapulco

Yes i do. The big tree at the convention center is up, huge and beautiful.

Our flight from Houston to ACA was Full, it was an Embrera(sp?). Total 3seats across. Anyone who is a regular ACA visitor, should stil continue to come down this winter. You won't be disappointed.

Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update from Acapulco

Where's the LIKE button?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update from Acapulco

Dinner at Barbaroja was wonderful! Barbarja shrimp....yumm. Lots of buses in town yesterday. All the hot dog vendors are out at night. The weather is absolutely beautiful. Going to St Lucia Playita (old Fandango) today.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update from Acapulco

Thanks for the updates...Enjoy Playita.....I like going there in the afternoon just before sunset for a late lunch....They have a pretty good ceviche.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update from Acapulco

Need, do I sense nostalgia?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update from Acapulco

Well, Playita had about half capacity, but we left at 4pm. Stayed close to hotel, to eat and watch the big boxing on PPV at Jimmy Cantina. Enchilades were great, whew but spicy. They were almost full capacity (3/4 full). Today going to Zocolo, shopping and then lunch at El Nono. Weather is at high 80's. Peso atm rate was at $14.02. That just gives me more money to spend down here, especially for tips.

8. Re: Update from Acapulco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2011, 22:35
Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update from Acapulco

Hey Dave. Are really bored?

Why else would you come to this site to trash talk Acapulco? Please go find something else to do with your pathetic existence.

Edited: 27 November 2011, 18:56
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update from Acapulco

LOL, Corey. I doubt that rant will last long on TA, anyway. One post and he "says" he's from Palm Springs. People from Palm Springs are probably embarrassed by that kind of zenophobic vitriol. Not the type of person you would want as a goodwill ambassador.