We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga update

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tortuga update

The "girl's" decided we should try Tortuga since Chava is gone and see what's happening. Surprise, the place looks much better, cleaner, a few nice touches, thanks to Gustavo. Being restaurants haven't been crowded and I'm a bit leery of the food that's been in the fridge too long, we asked what is the freshest, Mahi Mahi was it. We had a really nice dinner, perfectly cooked mahi mahi, spinach, rice, a perfect meal, and their Martguerita's are good. All in all, definitely will go back, Service was good, place clean, fresh food, affordable, what more could I ask.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga update

Wow. Would love to have been able to smell that dish. Thanks, Rolynn. A little over a month to go for me. Cheers!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga update

Thanks for the update Rolyn...Have not heard much about Tortuga in a while. Gustavo is an Acapulco Gem. I wish them the best. I like a restaurant where you walk in and ask what's recommended for the evening.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
540 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuga update

Is Alfonso still working out of Los Tortas, which is located next to Tortuga?

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuga update

Haven't seen it open lately but I could have missed something??

but pretty sure it is closed!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortuga update

patti when I was there last February it was closed from what I recall, but not certain.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortuga update

I thought I saw it open yesterday, Saturday night. Some businesses are closed on slow tourist days, to help save money to stay open on the good days. Smart thinking. Maybe in a month or so , open every day.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tortuga update

Thanks for the update Rolynn the dinner sounded great.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
540 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tortuga update

I departed in mid-March and he was open. Los Tortas always closed on Sundays.

9. Re: Tortuga update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:40