We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Seems not only Mazatlan is losing cruise ship visits...Acapulco can now be added to that list. And the winner...Santa Cruz Huatulco!

www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4682

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Interesting to read the comments at the bottom. Like most of us have said, those who vacationed there had no concerns for saftey, except, perhaps, the poor Acapulco tourist who was "locked in a souvenir shop" for his own safety. I doubt that. Some crafty shop owner has found a new way to keep customers in the shop (lol).

Edited: 20 December 2011, 14:53
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Someone must have been making $$ by telling them that they were "locked into a souvenir shop for their own safety". What B.S. Sometimes, between the cruise ship terminal and the zocolo, various taxi drivers ask if I need a taxi and when I say "no gracias; autobus" they will proceed to tell me that "it's not safe." which causes me to laugh audibly and tell them that I know better. Guess that identifies me as being a "non-newbie"...

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

pssst! While getting ready for my trip (two more weeks), I was web surfing and found a "for sale" advert for Villa Vayma. All that for $1.2 million U.S. Mr. Aragon has the listing. If I had another moment of insanity.....

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Do it Snork...

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

The only tykpe of Ships that will be pulling into the Acapulco harbour are those called AIRCRAFT CARRIERS.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

LOL Heat, your opinions get more and more fact-free. Not to mention ludicrous.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Funny how he mentions that though..Must have been 1988 roughly and when in town the USS Independence pulled into port for Liberty along with the entire battle group that was assigned to protect the carrier.

There must have been thousands of sailors around town and we even were able to get a tour of the carrier...Wonder if that still happens lol doubt it...

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Alot of people in Aca sure to not have a prosperous Christmas that rely on those cruise ships...Only compounds Aca's serious problems. Hope they one day return. We are used to Aca, but honestly where they get off the cruise ship, it's pretty shabby to a new visitor....If they have time there's nice places to visit, but not really any organized tours besides see the city...Hopefully some of the new investment will also go in that direction.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

It certainly would be nice to see those cruise ships return for those who rely on them, and will agree that the immediate area around the terminal could use a face lift. Who wouldn't prefer to see some semblance of disneyland directly outside that terminal (or at least some better lighting at night around that long costera parking lot?)

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Acapulco losing more cruise ship visits...

Better lights are being installed as we speak (Yes I mean at night they are working!!) Doubt they'll finish in time for xmas-

They are looking great too BTW.

Don't think Sr. Aragon has Vayma listed - might be confusing it with another nice one out there .... but usually everything is for sale for a price!

Edited: 21 December 2011, 02:57