We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acapulco - New Look!!!

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Acapulco - New Look!!!

They are installing new street lights on the Costera of Acapulco.

There are 2 lights on one post, one towards the side walk and the other towards the street. Actually quite bright with a new "savings" type light bulbs.

They are also cutting the trees back to make the sidewalks more lit up for walking and security.

So far they are installed only from the Convention Center to Diana, but installing more daily, with plans to reach I believe Caleta? Which would really lighten up the area a lot making walking & driving much easier and more secure!! Plus brighten up the city. We hope/hear that eventually they also are planning to go into the residential areas too.

I guess it is part of the plans for the improvement of Acapulco's physical image, Security level etc.

Edited: 26 December 2011, 23:42
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

The convention center to Diana is a good start anyway.....They had installed many of them by last Feb but had not yet hooked them up at the time..always needed a bite more lighting in some sections anyway.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

Acasun are they all lime green like the ones they were putting in at Condessa last February? Lol.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

Jane and Charlie, do I hear a hint of coming to ACA this Feb, instead of PV?

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

Si JC change of plans!! See ya at the poo!!

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

JC, we figured you needed some company at the FA :)

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

The lights are completely new structures..not green either. !!

Great lighting to welcome you home!!!

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

It appears that Acapulco politicians must own the company that provides and installs light fixtures. New lights every year, Hmmm!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

When I was there a few weeks ago they were still digging the foundations for those new lights. Sounds like they're moving right along with them. What they still needed to do is clean up some of those vacant storefronts on the block of the vacated Carlos n' Charlies. Had I not been so familiar with the neighborhood, I may have otherwise found it a bit creepy walking along that block at night.

9. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 December 2011, 16:05
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Acapulco - New Look!!!

Honey forget Acapulco, let's go to one of those heavily marketed destinations with lesser scenery and less than perfect weather, and where other tourists are crowding up and flocking to like sheep, and where we get to wait in line for 45 minutes just to eat dinner while dealing with harried and overworked service personnel. After that we can join the flock to the disco and be shoulder-to-shoulder with our fellow countrymen and women who also believe that it's the cats pajamas just being in such a popular locale. Yeah that's the ticket :)

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco