We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage info to Acapulco

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage info to Acapulco

Just thought I’d inform, remind or warn those that do not know or are unaware that most of the flights into Acapulco, even from Mexico City, are on a smaller jet. 2 seats on one side (and not very roomy) and a single seat on the other. One friend even said she was sure if she opened both her arms real wide she could touch both sides of the plane.

AND… they do not allow an extra carry-on to fit overhead. They will take it from you at the entrance door of the plane and check it in underneath and they swear you will get it right back at the door when you exit the plane!!! This is usually untrue.....sometimes by error?? "Ahem" they just pack it with the regular luggage and you will have to pick it up inside at the carousel

Fortunately I have not heard any horror stories about theft or anything missing this year, but be very cautious and be aware that they do force you to put your overhead luggage below.

I suggest you pack your camera, jewels, medicines, laptop/i pads/kindles, that extra money etc. in a small enough bag that fits under the seat or on your lap so there will be no discussion or that you are forced to send it down below.

I carry a big purse with all that in it (and suffer a bit as it is kind of heavy) bit I pull it with a small carry-on suitcase with wheels, meant to go overhead and the one I have is especially meant for the little planes and it does fit! As one time a long time ago I was able to take it on but not anymore!!!

They are adamant about that!!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

That is good information to know Acasun!! One of my pet peeves is getting to my seat with 4 across and the overheads are already filled !!! Drives me crazy when I buy 4 seats.

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

Agree, it really is a small plane, I had my laptop & purse & could hardly get it under the seat... Also go my bag on the carrasole....

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

Yes I really hate surprises too!!

And probably with this season with jackets, sweaters and coats they probably put them up there as sometimes at the last sitting.

I know there is more room up there and that really made me mad when they took my special purchased, special size case from me???

AND BELEIVE ME I TOLD THEM SO!!!

(didn't do any good though except let me yell at someone)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

Usually when you exit the plane one needs to wait for their those "oversized for embraer" carry on just outside the plane door before entering the terminal.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

I have never had a problem on that aircraft with my small carryon. Of course it is not one of those overstuffed carryons that most people seem to travel with. I have also carried it on a prop plane with no problem and it will fit under the seat on most aircraft.

Let's hear from our backpack travelers. Did you have to check those?

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

Well, they have a new trick now!!! That is why I am letting people know that lately they send it in with the large suitcases...so no real valuables should go in them.. And then...... what can you do about it???

I always try to avoid "the temptation" situations that usually do not have a good ending for the traveler

They made lacallie check hers and..........but she did get it finally....

Edited: 27 January 2012, 15:22
MIAMI
Level Contributor
770 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

I have a small duffle with the electronics/jewelry (although I am not bringing real stuff anymore); swimsuit! and will make sure there is room for the purse in the bag;...thus only one bag. Janie...try that?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

Yeah. I got it a day after my return. Evidently, they forgot to put it on the plane in Aca.... either that or they just decided to take an extra day rifling through my dirty laundry LOL.

Bedford, Michigan
Level Contributor
437 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

We pay so much for tickets anymore, why do they have to make it so damn difficult to fly without 100% inconvience?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage info to Acapulco

Why? Because they can. With no high speed rail in North America they really have no competition.