We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

security and saftey updates

chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
security and saftey updates

anyone have a recent security and safety update?

Special Offer
Acapulco City Sightseeing Tour
6 reviews
from US$58.50*
US$65.00
Historical Tour of Acapulco with...
3 reviews
from US$44.99*
Special Offer
Coyuca Lagoon, Turtle Release, and...
1 review
from US$63.00*
US$70.00
Acapulco Horseback Riding Tour and...
2 reviews
from US$74.50*
Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: security and saftey updates

In theheat,

Same as before all is being quite calm except for the normal outer area violence amoung the drugies

I am sure your in-laws are aware too right? and do you have contact with them? check your PM [iminent=xoVbSdgUWfOB]

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: security and saftey updates

Traffic report! HEAVY, very HEAVY!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: security and saftey updates

You can read on all of the perps caught, vehicles recovered and overall information at this link

http://acapulcozonasegura.wordpress.com/

You can also go to ssp.gob.mx and look at the press releases regarding Guerrero Seguro, right now it's not working, the last realease was Feb 28th. I am hoping they provide an update in the following days

chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: security and saftey updates

ok thanx aca port dude is it safer to travel during the daylight through aca or perhaps the same as traveling at night?...im really freakin out about haveing to travel through aca!!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: security and saftey updates

Last I heard you were arriving at Acapulco airport (which is east of Acapulco), being picked up and driving further east - so not even touching Acapulco itself. Have things changed? You are worrying over nothing!

chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: security and saftey updates

Steve,

i knw im driving myself insane with all the things ppl are telling me! but acasun is generouse and kind hearted and has help me over come my fears!!....thanks to all my aca friends:)...and i think alot of ppl are just trying to scare the crap outta me so i wont go!

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: security and saftey updates

Intheheat, you need to chill. Stop listening to all those people who have not even been in Mexico. Just like at any other time it is always better to travel in daylight hours. Nothing has changed. Things are improving slowly and you have been given good advice by several on this forum.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: security and saftey updates

inthe heat............relax and take it easy ..

if things change I'll call you personally when I leave town OK (me and all the others living here too!!!) [iminent=xoVbSdgUWfOB]

chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: security and saftey updates

thanks friends!!

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: security and saftey updates

HII!

I just returned from Acapulco this past Friday, the 6th. I loved it! There was not one second where I felt afraid or threatened. I never saw anything scary nor any gory scenes you would imagine, and that unfortunately are very popular with mass media. Of course as some people have mentioned above, there is some not too fun stuff going on in the outer areas of the city, but within the city there is nothing to worry about. There is plenty of security and armed forces all over the place. I'd stay out as late as 5am, I'd take taxis up and down and all over the place. I was able to go the beach, to the malls, restaurants and clubs without any problem. I didn't want to come back, but I had to come back for school. There is nothing to worry about. I was just as afraid or worse than you before I left. I thought locals were so afraid that they didn't even look out through the window or step foot out there home, but there is nothing to be afraid of, really. I loved it! And I hope you do too =0)

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations