We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

1 post
Save Topic
No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

Just want to make sure i heard the correct Information. During the election no alcohol will be available in acacuplco for that weekend . Will the clubs and bars be closed to.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

No alcohol on July 1st for sure. Not sure about the day before and the day after

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

Ya know I have heard this 1 other time and I don't believe it effected the tourist. At least on the hotel properties.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

Just like any other situation in Mexico, you pay and you,ll get it lol.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

Bars, liquor stores and liquor not sold after 6 or 7 on Saturday - June 30th

No liquor served ALL DAY ON SUNDAY "ELECTION DAY".

Liquor is sold and served again on Monday regular hours July 2, 2012

You may find some hotels bar serving their cliente discretely!! But openly NO!

But one can buy liquors and mixes ahead of time in preparation for your personal use.

Bottoms up!! and big parties after for the new elected officials ...just like in the US or any country!!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

We had that problem last Jan.2011 but get cocktails on the beach but they had to serve it in plastic cups and found a liquor store on the Costera coming back from FA to the condo that sold us tequila and triple sec to make margaritas. Just plan ahead and stock up, the town did not go dry.

Bedford, Michigan
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

I was there once before on an election day, sometime in the last 8 yrs, I would guess. I remember we were at Babarojas that night. They served us in strofoam cups and kept the alcohol out of sight, not on the shelves behind the bar like they normally do.

7. Re: No alcohol on July 1-2 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:42
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco