We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Inn

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Inn

Anyone know what going on with the hotel? The sign is gone and the pool is empty. Are the federales still holed up there?

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Inn

The last time I passed they were Rolynn and that was last Thurs.

Acapulco, Guerrero...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Inn

I noticed the other day that the sign was gone.

Several hotels have silently closed and have been boarded up along the Costera. For some reason they aren't just closed but have been stripped of everything (sinks, toilets, light fixtures) and are sitting completely hollow.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Inn

Hopefully the abandoned buildings eventually will be torn down, and replaced by something a lot more appealing. So many run down place on the Costera, and they wonder why no one comes. Once you get off the Costera the bqack streets are still loaded with garbage, seems the Acapulcano's don't take much pride in cleaning up in front of their houses. Once the is empty lot it becomes a garbage dump. So sad, I remember the glory days of Aca.

Mentioned in this post
Costera
Costera
619 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
4. Re: Casa Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2012, 02:05
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Inn

Your right Rolynn. I think the biggest downer about being in Acapulco is the general lack of community pride. Try as they may state and federal pesos won't fix that. Though animal control would be a good use of said pesos, but even the stray dogs had neglectful owners who can't/don't buy food for them so they are forced to rome the streets, feeding off the piles of garbage and making them worse. To be fair, the average Acapacano is overwhelmed with just scraping by.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Inn

I always thought those stray dogs roaming the streets were tomorrow's tacos.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Inn

ALL for animal control!!!

I am tired of the roaming dogs going through the garbage to search for food and the mess they leave after a home owner sets out the garbage for the truck.

I have a street lady going thorugh the garbage daily and brings her dog to eat or scroung (sp?) for food! And without a leash. If I see her I make her pick up her dogs mess, unfortunatley I am not there to see her daily.

Then the truck doesn't come either! It is always a good guess as to what day and when they come. Just not like the US where they know the exact day; and exact bin; recycle or trash!!!

Opps off subject!!!

Sorry

NY
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Inn

Hey

I often stay at Casa Inn , so when I saw this post, i asked my friend in Aca to call and check out whats going on. She called last night and she said they laughed and said they definately were not closing..They said they have a lot of the usual canadian snowbird reservations for the coming months and are just fixing things up.

Stef

9. Re: Casa Inn

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

10. Re: Casa Inn