We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting AeroMexico quirk

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
691 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting AeroMexico quirk

So I was looking at Aeromexico, lamenting the days goneby when you could get a direct flight From NYC to ACA....

Now, this isn't a DIRECT flight, but at least to me it seems positive - Aeromexico now flies with a one-stop. One where you stay on the plane instead of going through customs, etc.

I know, it is a stretch, but I thought it was an improvement from the 4hour+ layovers that they used to have.

Now I just hope my flight tomorrow (regular stop and change planes) is not cancelled due to the stupid nor'easter....

Mentioned in this post
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

It's definitely an improvement!! Boy, I'd love it if I could get a one-stop with no change of plane from PHX!

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

Good luck with your flight. The Nor'easter is weakening but there are still parts of NJ with a mandatory evacuation notice. As for staying on the plane, I hope so. If the one stop is in the states, you're OK. If t's in Mexico, they'll make you go through customs and immigration at your first point of entry. Glad to see you returning.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 19:17
Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

Rfnj you are on a direct flight. A direct flight makes stops but no change of planes. A connecting flight you change planes. It is the non-stops you miss.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

The last time I stayed on the plane, (it was many moons ago) they came on the plane and sprayed with some kind of bug spray, we were all choking. Don't think that would happen today.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

Good luck Rob...Hope the flight is early and you should be alright...50 MPH winds rain snow after what we just had isn't fair!!!!

Rolynn

That happened to me once too where they sprayed..Not in some time though...

Edited: 07 November 2012, 01:35
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
691 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

Keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping as long as they can get the plane in, they will take off...

I will be bumming if it gets cancelled. Only a short trip, basically a extra long weekend...

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
805 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

RFNJ, what happened? Did you make it or what? Hope for the best!

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

I'm curious, too, SJC. CBC reports 600 flights cancelled out of New York. Oh Oh.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

Did you ever make it???????????????

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
691 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interesting AeroMexico quirk

Haha, that was AWFUL. We had a freak snowstorm, which cancelled my midnight flight. By the time I got to Acapulco it was late Thursday night (too late for Pozole). Now, normally, I would not have been fine with it - but my Aca trips have been basically long weekends - so to lose that was a killer, because I flew home Sunday night red-eye.

I will say this - that was the only time I had trouble - had done it end of September, no problem, and again in January, no problem. And my next trip I am actually going to be down for a little over a week - my longest trip ever!

I like Aeromexico - now my default over United (I was a very loyal Continental fan). Love the midnight flight, puts me in Aca by 10am, and while the layover is annoying, my credit card gets me into a lounge, so that's fine. and the red-eye back means I can catch the sunset at LF, have a quick dinner, then head off to the airport having had an almost full day!

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico