We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights and rooms at Las Brisas

rochester, ny
12 posts
Save Topic
Flights and rooms at Las Brisas

I am hoping someone can help me figure out the flight situation to Acapulco. I'll be flying out of rochester, ny and most likely have to stop in NYC. most of the flights seem to be code-shared and I am wondering if it is cheaper to take one airline the whole way. I am not familiar with the Mexican airlines and their websites are confusing.

Also, could someone tell me the difference between a private pool casita at Las Brisas and a Brisas Beach Club room?

Thank you so much for your help

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
267 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights and rooms at Las Brisas

In regards to Las Brisas, according to differentworld.com/mexico/…entrance.htm

(which is a really good website for Las Brisas info).

Private pool casita has:

Private pool and terrace

1 king or 2 twin beds (a few with 2 doubles)

On levels 1 - 3 (plus a few on level 4)

Children accepted

The description reads: Further up the hillside are the coveted private pool casitas, with their own secluded swimming pool just steps from the bedroom. Their spacious terraces have exhilarating views of the ocean and bay, and are lined with hibiscus and bougainvillea.

While a Brisas Beach Club has:

Private pool and terrace

1 king bed

On levels 3 or 4

No children or extra beds

Very private, prime locations

Brisas Beach club casitas have private pools and premium amenities; bathrobes, hairdryers and luxurious toiletries. Located close to the summit of the hill, they command the some of the finest views and the utmost privacy. Note though that, despite their name, they aren't actually on a beach!

I am staying @ LB the end of May, so I only know what I have read in my many hours of reaserch. However, from all that I have read the higher up the hill, the better. Also, BBC rooms are supposed to be more private. Check out the Different World website I pasted above. They have really good pics and descriptions.

Hope that was helpful, purpletlc

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights and rooms at Las Brisas

jsrfun -

We fly NYC--->Acapulco, via American Airlines (out of LaGuardia) - and there are no "code-share" Mexican airlines involved. Just a change of planes in Dallas-FtWorth.

And I believe that Continental flies a similar route (no "code-share") out of Newark (N.J.) - with a change of planes in Houston.

Delta, if I'm not mistaken, has recently entered this NY->ACA market as well (or may be planning on doing so).

For some helpful flight info, I suggest you check out travelocity.com - just to get a better idea as to the actual flights which might be available to you.

You haven't stated "when" you're planning to head for ACA; but, you should know that - during the "off season" (May to November) - available flights are much more limited.

RonVal

michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights and rooms at Las Brisas

We went to Las Brisas in Feb and here are my thoughts on the rooms...

Advantages of a Brisas Beach Club vs. a private pool room.

1. Generally higher up on the hill.

2. No Kids

3. Some of these have ben reonvated so are in nicer shape. (See my earier post entitled "Las Brisas Tips" for info on this.

4. More "sight-line" privacy. It is tougher to see the pool/patio areas of beach club rooms from the road etc.

5. Because you are higher you should have less noise from the road and dance club.

My wife and I were going for a special occasion (10th anniversary) so we decided to pony up the bucks for the beach club room. We have had several disussions as to whether we would do so in the future. Here are some thoughts about that...

1. If it is a special occasion and you want everything to be "perfect" I would spend the extra money.

2. If you think the hotel may not be very full you may want to get the private pool room as they are good about showing you lots of rooms so you should get something one that fits.

3. Sometimes as you chack in they ask you if you want to pay for an upgrade. They asked us if we wanted to go to a suite for $70 per night. We liked our room BETTER than the suite. This may be a cheaper way to get an upgraded room.

Hope this helps...

rochester, ny
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights and rooms at Las Brisas

Thanks everyone for your help...the room descriptions were very helpful and hopefully i can navigate the airline situation now.

I am traveling to ACA in june, are there any activities i should be sure not to miss?

thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations