We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Acapulco

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
436 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Acapulco

Hi

Just wondering can anyone tell me, is the Holiday Inn in Acapulco a real "Holiday Inn".. Just wondering, becuase the Ritz in Acapulco is not the Ritz Carlton ? Also, is it a new hotel, or a remkae of another one and where is it located ?

ALso, is a place called JImmy's still around ?

Thanks

Acapulco, Guerrero...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Acapulco

There are three real Holiday Inn properties in Acapulco.

Holiday Inn Resort (Costera)

Crowne Plaza (Costera)

Acapulco La Isla (La Isla Diamante)

Jimmy's Cantina was open when I passed there a month ago.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Acapulco

Jimmy's is still open and if you stop in there tonight you will find a large Chicago contingent.

Bob Anderson, Ray K, Vince, Pat McEnroe and Jack Moran are all in town.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Acapulco

The Holiday Inn on the Costera, and it is a real Holiday Inn, was originally the Fiesta Inn, a sister hotel to Fiesta Americana and it is located just down the street from Fiesta Americana in the Condessa area. They did do some remodeling when it changed over but I do not know the extent of the remodeling. You might want to read the hotel reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150787-d154851…

Check out this link

wikimapia.org/…b

Edited: 13 November 2012, 23:07
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Acapulco

Heat

As Jane said they did some remodeling to their rooms. The pool was good anough I always thought and the price was always right when it was the fiesta Inn.

This is originally one of the El Presidentes property which the Fiesta Inn purchased from them. The Fiesta was much better looked after over the years. Always a favorite of Ronval.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Acapulco

My opinion is that it was very nice as the Fiesta. It's smaller than many of the other hotels along the Costera and did not seem like a "party place" but instead rather on the quieter side. Don't know if Holiday Inn has changed any of that though.

6. Re: Holiday Inn Acapulco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco