We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aca-Bus Official Site.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aca-Bus Official Site.

I thought you would find being done interesting!

https://www.facebook.com/acabusgro?fref=ts

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

I think that once the nightmare of constructing this system is done the Acabus will be a great thing for the city especially if it gets rid of the collectivo taxis and some of the ratty buses.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

I totally agree Livein!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

Agreed Livin hopefully it will all get completed asap!! It will certainly be nice for the locals and tourists as well.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

May cause big changes in Caleta, too. 2014 will be an adventure.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

A promising aspect is that the job seems to be getting done right. 12inch reinforced concrete won't develop pot/sink holes as quick as blacktop atop beach sand, which is what some contractors used to save/skim money. I will believe improvement when I see it work and continue to work.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

Agreed Acaallday, and not just the reinforced concrete but a concrete base below it which will help this roadway last a very long time. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it but it's like that throughout the entire project not just where tourists can see it.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

Cemex needed to boost their stock price.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

There was no re-bar used to reiforce the concrete. The stone-mix was all they used and will last for years. They have always been working on the Costera Miguel Aleman. Not only do we have tremors , there is a tectonic plate just off-shore. Not to mention unreal rainfall and the odd Hurricane

This so-called ACABUS only on the Costera is a gleem in the eye of the Governor and will be met with unbieiivable prostest. It will NOT succede more than a year if at all in my opinion.

Without predjidice

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

There does happen to be re-bar in the concrete and the AcaBus is not just on the costera, it's all over the city on various roadways.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aca-Bus Official Site.

Without prejudice? Geez, gringo. Where did you learn to speak lawyer?

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations