We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas Questions

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Las Brisas Questions

I have been browsing the forum for about 2 hours now and all the info I've gathered is amazing. I am so happy I found trip advisor! My girlfriend and I are going to Acapulco June 20 - 25 and staying at Las Brisas. I was reading Kahl 1999's post about tips (which I must say are going to be VERY helpful). I was hoping to get further information about the Beach Club. Is the club located at the bottom of the resort or is it a few miles away from the resort? Also, are the night clubs and popular restaraunts near the resort or in walking distance? When the staff picks you up in the jeeps must you tip them? Any info would be helpful!

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas Questions

hello greekid......first of all welcome to the acapulco forum.......there is someone from the trip advisor forum by the name of purpletlc

who is here in acapulco right now and should be back next week hoping that she will come back to be able to answer all of your lastest questions.....

i have never stayed at the las brisas hotel but i do live in acapulco and i will try to answer your questions for you intill purpletlc gets back or another person who has stayed at las brisas can help you out.....

the beach club is not miles away but a short drive down the hill and the hotel does provide a pink and white shuttle service to and from la concha beach club about a 5 minute drive......

you have a few popular restaurants close by but not in walking distance as the las brisas hotel is located on the sceanic highway and up in the mountains.

here are just a few names.....

linda vista

maderias

mezzanote

kookaburra.........

there are a wide variety of really good restaurants in acapulco tell us what you like to eat and we will be able to recommend where to go.........

when the staff picks you up in the jeep is it a good idea to tip them.....tell you what iam only going to guess on this one.......

a little tip goes along way here and if there is no charge for the service maybe a little tip might be nice or maybe at the end of your stay might better......iam sure someone else will have more input about jeep tipping........anyhow anymore questions just ask away...zzaa

northern IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas Questions

There is no tipping of the jeep drivers

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas Questions

thanks for the info ......like i said in my other post dont know never stayed there........the view is better from my house......lol....zzaa

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas Questions

ZZAA is NOT kidding. Her view is awesome!

GreeK, go to Palladium and Mandara and Sky Garden. All those restaurants mentioned are good upscale places, but it's also good to head into town and try some good Mexican places I.E. el fogon, Cabrito and La Tortuga.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas Questions

Thank you all for the quick responses! I believe what we want to do is fine dine only one night ( I was thinking Bella Vista but from what am reading now, we are most likely going to skip that) and the rest of the nights eat at moderately priced places. We definitly want seafood for the fine dining night :)

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas Questions

Greek, My gf and I usually follow that dining methodology. I suggest Madeiras for your fine dining night. Great food, great view, great memories. I would also go to Su Casa which is reasonable priced considering it's ambiance. As most members on here would agree...Su Casa is a must! Su Casa's shrimps ala patron and red snapper are very good.

Ron was kind enough to put together a long list of restaurants on this forum which I suggest you browse through.

The garlic shrimp and snapper fillet at La Tortuga is also very good and the whole snapper at Paradise is excellent. Both of these places are reasoably priced and La Tortuga is a really unique setting.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Brisas Questions

hang on before you cross bella vista off the list someone else was just there recently and her review will be coming up.....linda vista is another good restaurant aswell.........zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Brisas Questions

Restaurant Bella Vista @ Las Brisas is (IMO) an excellent choice for that "special dinner" - and we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

As Zzaa mentions - there's a forum member who's just returned from ACA - and should be posting some reviews soon. We recommended Bella Vista for an Anniversary Dinner - and, from what we know (thusfar), they did go - and did enjoy it.

RonVal

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Brisas Questions

P.S.

N4S has offered a few excellent restaurant choices - and, yes ... you should consider wading through the forum's "Restaurant List" thread (if/when you have the time).

Regarding "Su Casa" ... for anyone who's not tried this spot - I'd highly recommend that they do. However, I'd pass on their "red snapper fillet (if the "fillet" is what N4S was referring to) ... as, IMO, they serve up a very small portion for what you'll pay (about MX$220, as I recall). Shrimps ala patron ... mmmmmmmmm! (their signature appetizer!)

RonVal

Virginia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Brisas Questions

Hi GreeKid!

Happy travels soon! I have just returned from ACA & Las Brisas. I promise all of the advisors and friends here to post a full report very soon but wanted to answer some of your questions.

Las Brisas is probably about a 15 minute ride from the airport and will be located on your right on a cliff. The hotel itself is not beachfront, the Beach Club is on the ocean, but there is no "sandy beach". The Beach Club is probably 1-2 miles away and takes all of about 8 minutes. You travel through a Las Brisas (I think this might be equivalent of a community) neighborhood to the bottom of the cliff to the Beach Club.

From other posts here, we read that tips are included in your room rate at Las Brisas. We still weren't exactly sure, but sure enough when we arrived Veronica (Concierge, contact courtesy of Zaa, thanks Zaa, she was lovely!) informed us that tips are included for all employees, chambermaids, jeep drivers, etc.

However, we did tip for any service that we thought took a little extra effort. At the end of the week, we left the maids $10, we tipped the jeep driver who carried our luggage up the stairs and into our room, $1 per bag and the same for returning when we left.

Our waiter at La Concha (the restaurant at the Beach Club) took pictures of us and took his time to answer many questions that we had. I don't know if the "tips are included" policy includes the Beach Club folks or not, but we did tip our waiter the usual 20% because he was very helpful and friendly. And, we tipped the bar tender a couple of dollars.

I wouldn't really say that there are any restaurants within walking distance of Las Brisas, not so much due to distance as due to the incline. The Las Brisas section of ACA is very "cliffy", the road is a bit curvy and busy, therefore I would not consider it conducive to leisurely foot travel.

If I recall correctly, there was one restaurant directly across from the hotel called Casanova (Italian). We didn't visit the restaurant, so I couldn't really speak to the quality of food or atmosphere. Otherwise, most are accessible by taxi. One word of advice, we tried the room service for steaks and cheeseburgers one night; not good. Not good at all. We thought we might save time and money by ordering room service, but wish we had simply caught a cab to Senor Frogs or something similar because the food was not good at all and was terribly expensive. We would have saved a lot more had we just hopped in a cab for a casual night out..

Be happy to answer any other questions you have, just let me know...

Oh, to be going back in June...

Bev