We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly rental in Bay Area

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Monthly rental in Bay Area

Hi all,

A friend and I are traveling to aca from December to April. We are looking for an apartment near the costera or in costa azul for under $1,000 a month. Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tiffany

MIAMI
Level Contributor
761 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

You may want to stay at a hotel for a week (or a few days) and look around with an agent so you have no surprises? Four months is a long time to be unhappy with an apartment.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

When in December? Between Christmas and Jan.5-7 rentals become pretty scarce and cost a premium rate. If your not coming until later in December you may want a hotel room until after the 5th-7th of Jan.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

Great advice. The best bargains you will learn about from other snowbirds once you are on the ground. The holidays will be crowded in Acapulco and just getting a room will be worthwhile. Your budget seems about right. I'm sure from January 7, onwards, will be easy.

Level Contributor
1,409 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

Doesn't homeaway and vrbo.com help with this type of set up?

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

Maybe. But booking on-line can be great or awful. Best to see your options first.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

I never thought of using vrbo for ACA. I have used it for PV and found an awesome beach front condo at a great price.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

That's our plan.. To stay at a hotel for the first few days and do some serious searching. We have been using that vrbo site and another called airbnb. Both sites have very little in our budget and the places that are within budget, the owners are hard to get ahold of (no reply from them). It's getting down to the wire and I'm just nervous we will get there and not be able to find a place for the whole time.

Level Contributor
1,409 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

Try acapulco condo rentals. I know several at velero galeon are there among others

9. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 12:05
Edited: 14 January 2014, 12:05
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monthly rental in Bay Area

As others have said, get a hotel room for a week or so in the area that you're considering, where you can walk around and spot signs and talk to people. Costa Azul is full of Canadians and other North American snowbirds who are likely to have suggestions. Personally I'd start out at a location such as Hotel Marbella.