We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11 posts
Save Topic
Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Excited? Yeah I'm now counting the hours! I am looking for opinions on the many transportation options to and from the airport. I am aware of the cabs, vans, tour guides, etc. Who's the best? I've heard many things about "King Sebastian", Rudy & Jose, among others.

Secondly we are staying at Fiesta Americana in Acapulco. Where do we go for the best tacos, margaritas, breakfast, etc.

Hoping travel to the airport goes well as it has been snowing over the last 3 days and we are supposed to get another 3-5 inches the day we leave- - Of course! Super Excited been to Rivera Maya, Playa del Carmen and Cancun so far! I hear Aca is a wonderfully different experience!

Off to start packing! Gracias!

Kristin

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Take the collectivo as it will take you right to the hotel and is a bargain.

Look for the booth that offers cab rides and insist on the collectivo. For approximately $10 usc you cannot beat the price.

The best and affordable breakfast in town can be found at Raquel's in the Zocolo, check out the review at this blog.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 20:56
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

I have no problems with the Collectivos, at all. The FA is right in the middle of things and you will get there in no time. Watch the view when you are coming in from the airport. It's breathtaking. Tacos Tumbras is just up the street by the Torres Gemeles. Enjoy. I'm a week behind you :)

Forest Lake, MN
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Tacos and Beer for tacos. Try the crispy chicken or fish fingers at Paradise. both are walking distance from your hotel. Then start exploring there are many places to eat walking distance from your hotel. :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Frutiland for breakfast. Just cross the costera in front of the Fiesta Americana's Starbucks and walk a few feet forward from there.

Forest Lake, MN
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Forgot La Tortuga is open for breakfast. Not too bad.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

One of my favorite breakfast spots is Tabasco Beach in the Malibu Hotel. Take a right when you leave the hotel and it is about a ten minute walk more or less. They have a really good menu and great coffee with the perfect view. On Sundays there is a reasonable brunch buffet.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150787-d1…

If you go to Fruitiland, be sure to try the smoothies. Some of the best smoothies I have had. 100% Natural is across the street from the hotel too. If you happen to be in the Zocalo, Raquel's, El Kiosko, Restaurante San Carlos and Punta Bruja are my go to spots.

Right across the street from the Fiesta are several taco restaurants. My favorite is Toro Salvaje. Actually there are taco spots all over town. Try as many as you can. Everyone has their own favorite.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 01:14
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

I also take the collective but you can't go wrong with Sebastian or Rudy.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

Terrific hotel with dining options all over. There are taco spots all over pick your own spot Toro salveje seems to always have people there and I have always used that as a way of judging. I also like tacos tumbras .

For breakfast I always stop at Fruitiland not always to eat but for one of their fruit smoothies they are terrific and inexpensive. Nice people there and the food is good as well very casual spot. I second Tobasco beach @ the Malibu hotel like Acajane said about a 10 minute walk out the hotel to the right.

If your traveling solo a collectivo from the airport is just fine I travel with family and it is easier to have someone waiting for me even cheaper.

In regards to the Fiesta Americana rooms on the west side (odd numbers)get a great sunset view and some weekend club noise till the wee hours. The east side (even numbers) is quieter with the morning sunrise. Rooms ending in the 30's or 40 like1638 is closest to the bay and away from the street. They are very accommodating at the front desk.

9. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2014, 18:10
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving for Aca in 60 hours!

John M.......why can't you just accept the fact that Fruitiland serves up a very delicious smoothie and Rudy is a real nice guy?