We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico? Are they accepted, or frowned upon? Has anyone used them there?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

I know Sanborns sells them here in the city. Bought mine about a year ago. I am sure they are more expensive in Mexico because they are imported. Will be in Acapulco next week pulling my Villa at the Princess back together after the flood. Will check the Isla. Know a friend bought one there,but do not know where in the Isla. The stand in front of the Walmart entrance may have them. I never can find anyone to wait on me there.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
454 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

I could have sworn I saw them in an OXXO or two. I am a regular smoker, though I have tried e-cigs in the past. Was not a brand I recognized, and did not check prices.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
116 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

Had mine taken at customs. And you cannot find anywhere to puchase them. Had no idea it would be a problem!!

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

Oh bummer, sorry jma. It was close for me and I didn't have an alternative plan, except to buy cigs. I'm glad I didn't. What did you do?

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

Customs is hit and miss on many items. It's best if you have something "strange" to print out the list to shove in their face as they are trying to confiscate your items. Someone at customs probably wanted your stash.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

I agree. Not much consistency at customs. I always have a few patches to get me through any grief.

27. Re: E-Cigs in Acapulco, Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco