We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

chicago
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

I need advice on where to stay. I don't like being confined to an all inclusive and would love to be able to walk to various eating venues and the beach. I will be there for 7 days and am trying not to break the bank. Any help would be much appreciated.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,059 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

Excellent ideas allday. I did the weekend stay at the Princess on 2 separate stays and stayed mid bay for the earlier part. I'm glad I did for the opportunity to stay there. The pools and beach area make that place.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

Emporio, El Cano, Fiesta Americana are all great choices. I am not certain why Club Del Sol was mentioned though it's a dive just waiting to collapse.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

With the internet it's quite easy to shop deals in 10 minutes. When my Dad visited I recommended The Princess for the first night and then we shopped around to find something for the remainder of his stay. I found a deal at The Copacabana for $65usd($850mxn) a night on a travel site; we then went there, asked their reservation desk if they could beat it and they did at $58usd($750mxn) a night for 9 nights(basically a free night). After the comparison my Dad decided to go back to The Princess after 2 nights. The Copa isn't a bad hotel(more of a spring break place), it just isn't The Princess.

Unless one plans on visiting during Christmas break or Semana Santa(April 13th-20th this year) this approach isn't a bad way to go. Granted, I have a car so getting around to find a deal isn't hard or expensive.

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
436 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

Stay at the Copacabana, you will not go wrong. Read my recent review "Worth Every Penny and Then Some" Best location, right in the middle of the Bay and for the price you pay, the service and quality is excellent. I have been going there 10 out of the last 12 years, I have also stayed at the Crowne Plaza and Calinda, but the Copa is far better.

Good luck and let us know where you go and how it was

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
503 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

Fiesta Americana gets my vote! I like it so much I am going back....tomorrow, hahaha.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

I'll vote for Fiesta Americana. We were there last Friday night. However, our single room had nothing in it except a coffee pot. No microwave, frig, dishes. Our room was pretty small, but then so was the amt we paid.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,059 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

Hey hstn sorry I missed you!! Just curious did you talk to anyone prior to walking into the airport? I spoke to someone hopping out of a cab from the Mayan leaving and I know its a longshot but if it was you that was me lol.

Rob hope to see ya!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
462 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

Our first trip to Acapulco last year we picked Fiesta Americana and after staying there we made the right choice hundreds of restaurants in walking distance perfect location on the beach

Edited: 22 February 2014, 00:29
19. Re: First Timer, Making Plans For Acapulco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations