We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
545 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

Hello,

I've done a bit of research but I've confused myself (I think).

I know the first show is at 13:00 usually.

I know you can catch a bus and watch from a hotel balcony/bar: however. I can't seem to find the name of the hotel mentioned in whatever place I found it and what bus to catch.

So my question is: could someone please help me find the correct bus (each way) and the best hotel to watch the show from.

One more question: could you also recommend a shop that sells a selection of Mexican beers that are not the normal ones seen all over the world.

Thank you in anticipation.

<*))))))><

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

I'm pretty sure The Mirador is the hotel your referring to. Your best bet is to catch a cab, the ride shouldn't cost more than $30mxn each way. Otherwise you'll need to walk across the costera and catch any bus that says Caleta on the front window. Most will have a list of names that will read: Base, walmart, zocalo, caleta, Any yellow air conditioned will work, but it will only take you a short way and you'll need to get off and walk. This link should show you an overhead map of the route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Terminal+Mar%C3%ADtima,+Acapulco,+Mexico&daddr=El+Mirador,+Acapulco,+Mexico&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=16.848902,-99.907672&sspn=0.01033,0.019741&geocode=FTsXAQEdC5cL-imTDSAv_ffKhTEiB3wwsgd7uA%3BFcQOAQEdLGwL-iFV1cbrqAR3sykzEsVe5ffKhTFV1cbrqAR3sw&oq=terminal+&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

If you scroll in on the map you can get a feel for where it's at. An air conditioned bus cost $7mxn and a regular bus costs $6mxn. If you do catch a bus to shorten the walk stay up front by the driver and tell him, "Quiero la calle para caminar a La Quebrada." Most drivers will give you a nod as which street to get off.

Edited: 27 February 2014, 02:01
Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
La Quebrada
La Quebrada
1,980 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

It doesn't seem the link worked. If you go to google maps and click directions, type: Terminal Marítima, Acapulco, Mexico to El Mirador, Acapulco, Mexico, click on the symbol of the guy walking and it will show you a highlighted route.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

Solid advice above. I think the platform is a bit more up close and personal to watch the show then the hotel restaurant.

At 40 peso an adult probably a lot cheaper then what la perla will charge for a ticket and a few drinks. It's just a matter of what you would prefer.

And ditto the cab I paid 40 peso from the Zocalo up there today so that's a fair price 30-40.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,775 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

Take a taxi. The fare should be no higher than 40 pesos. As far as I know, there aren't any buses that go to Quebrada.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
545 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

Thank you all very much: a taxi it'll be.

We don't mind walking a few hundred yards but time might be an issue as we only have the usual single day from the cruise ship and we want to maximise our visit.

Beer shop anyone?

<*))))))><

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

The best beer shops are probably La Europea or La Divina but I don't know any down by the cruise port (they are at the eastern end of the Costera). But see here for the beers available at La Europea: https://www.laeuropea.com.mx/productos.asp…

Mentioned in this post
Costera
Costera
619 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

There had been a little beer shop called The Beer Box. It's at the base of the esenica in the brisas mar neighborhood, in the strip map close to the gas station. I'm not sure of their selection. I'll link the street view on G-maps but like La Europea it would be at least a 30-40 minute bus ride each way without traffic . There just isn't a demand for much of a variety.

https://maps.google.com/maps…

Edited: 27 February 2014, 15:10
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

LOL. You should see what they charge for Corona in Ontario. It's an imported, "premium" beer up here. I enjoy it in Acapulco, but good ol' Molson's Canadian seems to taste much better in the snow :)

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Shropshire
Level Contributor
545 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

OK Guys,

I'll most likely give the beer hunt a miss and just chill while in the city.

Thanks.

<*))))))><

Shropshire
Level Contributor
545 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise ship terminal to La Quebrada for the 1st Dive show.

Actually I might even pop into Wal-Mart and check out their beer selection: is that worth the effort maybe?

<*))))))><