We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to acapulco alone.

10 posts
Save Topic
Going to acapulco alone.

So was looking for some good recommendations for food, and activities. My friend that was going to come with me bailed last minute. If anyone is in the area from the 6th to 10th of march and want to get a bite to eat.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150787-c96106/Acapul…

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

Raymond

There are many worthwhile places all over town let us know where you will be staying and we can narrow it down.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

Im staying at hotel calinda beach. I can switch hotels easily. Im not sure where this is placed exactly. But if there is a recommendation with better location access, market, food, people I can make the change.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

I've never stayed at the Calinda Beach, but it is in a great location, mid-bay... in the middle of everything and just steps from Tobasco Beach, La Playita, La Tortuga, and many more great places to eat. I've been to Acapulco solo many times with no problemas.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

You may notice yellow air conditioned busses on the main strip. They will take you from one side of the bay to the other for $7mxn($0.55usd), the regular busses cost $6mxn. The yellow busses don't leave the costera, some of the other busses with c-rio written in the front window will. There a great way to get around.

If your a morning person there is a stand up paddle board rental spot($70mxn per hour) about 1km down the beach from your hotel. The bay is calmest during the morning and I think he is gone by noon. Gonzalo(Gonzo) the operator offers sailing rides too for $100mxn($7usd), or at least he had years ago. Sailing rides had been twice a week at about 5pm. Last I talked to him he was getting ready to do boat rides to Roqueta Island too.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

Calinda beach hotel is in a good spot I haven't stayed there since the late 80's just get a room facing the bay as the hotel is circular.

As Lacallie stated La Tortuga is right around the corner just off the costera many mexican options. For Italian if your in the mood just cross the street to Forza Italia.

There are tons of Pastor places small little taco places but delicious. You will see the huge mystery meats lol on large rotisieries and they are really good. The Taqueria place next door is good at torre gemalas.

As allday stated for 7 peso the air conditioned bus will take you from one end of the strip to another. A good move to experience that.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
773 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

There is a Sanborn's in the hotel; great breakfasts! And handy for anything you may have forgotten. Happy Hour at Tabasco Beach (Malibu Hotel to the right of the Calinda; about 1/2 a block down the Costera) from 6-7pm always draws a crowd. Tuesday and Wednesday live music.

Oregon
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

Also El Jaguar, right next to Malibu hotel has a show every Wed and Fri about 8:30 pm with a variety of folk style dances and costumes from different regions of Mexico. Food and drinks are very reasonable.

Level Contributor
1,484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

You might check out the fiesta americana. It is a staple for a lot of folks on the forum and also close to the same dining etc

Chicago
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to acapulco alone.

The Calinda is in the middle of the town which is on an east west axis.

Good advice regarding the yellow buses as they are air conditioned and the drivers are sane. I will never ride a blue bus again as the drivers are crazy and the music is horrible!

Breakfast: Walk out of the hotel and look to your right, east, and you will see Pizza Hut. If you go that corner and look up the street you will see a yellow sign in the shape of a circle with a smaller blue circle included, that is La Flor de Puerto, and the breakfasts and lunches are excellent and inexpensive and the place is very clean.

Tabasco Beach also has a good breakfast.

Lunch: La Cabana in the Caleta area has very good seafood and you will see a part of old Acapulco. Take the yellow bus to almost the end of the line and when it makes a sharp right turn you should exit and cross the street and then go to your left and you will see the business.

Dinner: Tabasco Beach inside the Malibu Hotel is good.

Tallerines has very good Italian food and I like their rib eye/with pepper sauce as it is excellent. It is located to the east of your hotel in Costa Azul at 120 Christophe Colon.They also have the best pizza in Acapulco. 30 peso cab ride. It is closed on Mondays.

La Jabba Loco in Costa Azul has good seafood. It is located on Magallenes just below the church in Costa Azul and is another 30 peso cab ride.

La Tortuga is located on the side street west of Office Max. It has great Mexican food and the best waiters in Acapulco, Ruffino and Gustavo.

I prefer Napoli over Forza Italia. Both have Italian menus but Napoli is up the stairs at Diana Circle and has much less noise, pollution and street traffic. Diana Circle is a 35 peso ride from the Calinda and Napoli is on the ocean side in the mall located there.

Jimmy's is near Wal Mart and BabyO's. They have a good arrachera and baked potato and the enchiladas are very good. Closed on Sundays and is a 35 peso cab ride from the Calinda.

If you have a preference do not hesitate to post again and I and others will offer additional advice. Also check out the restaurants at this site including those that I spoke about.

Enjoy.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 21:26
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco