We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexico city

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton Ont
12 posts
Save Topic
mexico city

any suggestions as to what buses leave from the airport to Acapulco and what times they leave tnx

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexico city

You have to get from the airport in MEX to the south bus station, about a 20 minute cab ride. Buses leave every hour, so you won't have to wait long. I like that bus ride.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mexico city

There are just 3 departures direct from the airport: 9.05 am, 3.30 pm, 11.45 pm. Therefore it's normally easiest to hop in a cab to Taxquena (south) terminal and catch the next bus out from there.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mexico city

Steve, could you tell me where I can find the information regarding these 3 departures? Is it on Estrella de Oro? Thank you.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mexico city

Go to www.ado.com.mx, put in "Mexico DF" as your departure point, "Acapulco" as your destination - you get a list of all departures from anywhere in Mexico City so use the filter box on the left to de-select every option except "Aeropuerto DF - Llegadas Nacionales" ("Domestic arrivals"). That should leave you with 3 departures which I believe are Estrealla de Oro buses but I have never personally used this service so can't be 100% sure!

Hamilton Ont
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mexico city

re airport Mexico city, how long and how do you get from terminal 2, to terminal 1, and do the buses leave from terminal 1 or 2

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mexico city

There are regular buses to several destinations that leave from both terminals. For many destinations however you have to go to one of the main Mexico City terminals such as Norte, TAPO or Taxquena. You can get between terminals on a train if you have a boarding card for a connecting flight or, if not, you can take a red shuttle bus (10 pesos) or (expensive) a taxi.

There are only a few buses direct to Acapulco (9.05am, 3.30 pm and 11.45 pm) and I am not sure where they depart from - certainly from T1 but not sure if from T2 as well.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mexico city

And be aware of many road blockades going on now.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
764 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mexico city

Jerrybones; there is a train that runs between Terminals at the airport. As long as you have a boarding pass, Security will allow you on the train. Allow 30 minutes; as I believe they run about every 10 minutes and the ride is about 10 minutes (or less).

Level Contributor
1,432 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mexico city

The train between terminals is very easy. Miami told you the process Not difficult at all

Hamilton Ont
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: mexico city

thanks to all of you very helpfull indeed