We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

Forest Lake, MN
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

This was online today: novedadesacapulco.mx/acapulco/los-vochos-no-…

In short licences will not be renewed for vehicles over 10 years old or Volkswagen Sedan.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

It appears the union sold out the little guy!

MIAMI
Level Contributor
790 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

I don't know how I feel about that....can't get in the back seat gracefully:) but...those babies float when the rains come and everyone else is stranded on the side of the road.

Chicago
Level Contributor
490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

I always check the prices at Fiesta Americana and the Tortuga to see what the hotel cab drivers are requesting as it offers me a guideline to bargaining. I realize that the hotel guys want more than the little guys but I can see their prices doubling if this ban goes forward.

This is bad for the visitors to the city, the fellows trying to make money driving the Volkswagons and the City as a whole.

It is good for the unions and those who have the resources to purchase newer vehicles and the politicians who created this ban and will receive the benefits in the future.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 02:00
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

That's the only way to get some of the pieces of crap out of service.

Along with the old buses, etc. They are paving the sidewalks along the Costera, maybe it's time Acapulco gets cleaned up to real world standards? The price of progress.

5. Re: The end of the VW Bug Taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:18