We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aca update

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
aca update

since most of us are months away from heading to aca, can we get an update on acabus,new tunnel progress and the latest rumors on costco rebuilding or not?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aca update

So the most exciting things about Acapulco are a bus service, a tunnel and a box store. Sad.......

Level Contributor
1,428 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aca update

the exciting thing is just before arrival and the limited time some of us get to spend there. I think I can speak for a bunch of us that we would like to spend more time there but can't. However, the other issues are interesting to keep up with !

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aca update

None of this will impact on me so I must agree with SteveMex that there are better things to talk about.

Level Contributor
1,428 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aca update

yes the forum has been buzzing hasn't it

Chicago
Level Contributor
483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aca update

I have had the privledge to visit Acapulco for the last 36 years and for the last 12 years for a minimun of 2 months. I stay in the Condessa section of the City.

I have never shopped at Costco and have no intention of paying the fee to shop at this business if it ever reopens plus the travel costs coming and going there would wipe out any savings I could enjoy.

I have walked up Chuatemotic and observed the exisiting stops. I doubt that most individuals who visit this site will ever ride the Aca Bus if it ever becomes operational.

Regarding the tunnel I would object to paying the toll to ride to and from the airport as I really enjoy seeing the view as I travel over the mountain coming and going to the city as the view is awesome,

The bottom line is I do not care about any of these issues and I doubt that many other visitors to this site care either!

Edited: 20 May 2014, 01:48
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aca update

i was trying to get an update on important things happening in the city. we own a condo near the Malibu and spend about 2-3 months there each year. costco has always been a value to us because we can use our membership from the states and they have good products as has been attested by many on this forum.

Does the tunnel or Acabus have any effect on travel from the airport? who knows at this point in time. ?

we enjoy the the people, restaurants and the city and I miss the sanity of acasun.

I am now checking out of this forum.

See ya there

MIAMI
Level Contributor
764 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aca update

Lagotex; you asked reasonable questions that are pertinent to you; and you deserve replies from anyone who can answer them; not criticism from people who can't.

Yes; the off-season does not bring a lot of news and trip reports but how about showing some respect for an innocent query?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: aca update

I arrive on Saturday and will ask my friends. I'll post an update when I have it.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 13:51
Acapulco
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: aca update

In today's newspaper, El Sur, there's an article stating that the first Acabús buses will arrive in July and begin giving free service so that the people will get accustomed to using them. We'll still have to wait and see if this actually takes placed as scheduled.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: aca update

Also, the projected date to be fully operational will be November.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco