We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

I'm going to be visiting ACA very shortly. I'm trying to get feel for how much U.S. money I should exchange for Pesos. Looks like currently 1 U.S. dollar equals about 13 Pesos. Can anyone give me an idea of what a typical first class or moderate meal would cost in Pesos for 2 as well as drinks in clubs and bars? Any info/experiences anyone can give would help.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

I know Palladium has an open bar package that runs between 40-45 USD per person for the evening.

Some of the higher end restaurants on the scenic highway and right by Palladium btw can cost btw 200-250 US per couple. It really depends on the bar tab.

This is more of a high end evening and you certainly can dine much cheaper while still enjoying a nice evening out. Can you tell us what you all like food wise?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

Seafood, chicken, salads, veggies, fish & steaks. OK, so I'm thinking a night out at a high end restaurant and club/bar for a couple will run around $300 (as high end estimate) so about 23 Pesos (rough estimate)? This helps to give me a good idea. I know restaurants/bar prices will vary, I'm trying to just get a rough estimate. Palladium sounds nice. Thanks

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

With gratuity 3800-4100 peso. And again so many restaurants that can offer much more inexpensive options.

On the restaurant link take a look at some of the reviews for Carmenere , el cabrito , Forza italia, they have a nice mix of everything.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

Although I like your math, I think you missed the $300 USD price that was mentioned.

First, you won't get 13 exchange rate on the street here unless the rate goes to 13.50 or so, but, $300 USD times 13 isn't 23 pesos.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

That's more than I pay for a week at a hotel or to charter a fishing boat for the day for eight people (lol). Don't they feed people on cruises?

Chicago
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

I dine out very night for the two months that I am in Acapulco. We always have a liter/bottle+ of wine with our dinner. I offer up the following prices for the two of us, which includes tip, with an exchange rate of 13 pesos for a dollar.

Raquel's for ribs 500 pesos

Napoli 550 pesos

Tortuga 600 pesos

Tabasco Beach 600 pesos

La Jaba Loco 650 pesos

Jimmy's 600 pesos

Tallarines 700 pesos

Las Carolinas 800 pesos

This is an approximate price for two with tip.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 22:15
Chicago
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

All of the above listed dining establishments have very good food and are moderately priced.

Carmenaire is very good and would check in at a 1000 pesos for two.

Su Casa would go for around 1500 pesos but I do not believe the food is up to par.

Too old to go on the night club circuit.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

Seems that things have got incredibly expensive since I was there (2 years ago now)! We would never spend more than 500 pesos for 2 even at a high-end place.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

. Honestly I don't even go to the ensenica anymore nor do I think I spent over 120 US for the 4 of us this past trip. I've gotten away with 135.00 at Sucasa before for the 4 of us and even less then that at Las Carolinas this past February. There are absolutely cheaper options. I've not been but I would bet Zibu would set a couple back 1400 peso without ordering a drink lol.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 23:51
Chicago
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Typical amount in Pesos for dinner, clubs & bars

The prices that I offered include alcohol and tips, which inflates the tab. Also in many locations we also order appetizers.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 11:34