We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and drink at El Careyes

Which Careyes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
keystone183
8 posts
Save Topic
Food and drink at El Careyes

Thinking about booking a honeymoon here in November, and was wondering about what to budget for meals and alcohol. Best to do all inclusive or sample some of the other local eateries. Also any general advice for the trip? Many thanks!!!

7 replies to this topic
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

We were recently at El Careyes the for the 2nd time and loved it even more. Great honeymoon spot. I'm not sure that they have an all-inclusive plan, but I could be wrong. In any case, I would imagine you will wind up eating most of your meals at their restaurant, which is great. All the meals were very good, and the chef will make pretty much any request if the ingredients are readily available. We went out fishing one day and caught a Mahi Mahi. They made us ceviche with it for lunch, and then a wonderful grilled fish fillet for dinner.

There are not many other places to eat close by, but I would suggest the short walk to Playa Rosa (less than 5 minutes) for a change of pace one night at dinner.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Dallas
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

Food at El Careyes resort is great. We have been to resort 5 times and never left the resort after we arrived. I do enjoy eating lunch at the " fish shack" about a 10 minute walk to the next beach over. Prices are reasonable for a luxury resort.

Dallas
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

Food at El Careyes resort is great. We have been to resort 5 times and never left the resort after we arrived. I do enjoy eating lunch at the " fish shack" about a 10 minute walk to the next beach over. Prices are reasonable for a luxury resort.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

We are planning on a day trip from Manzanillo, what is there to do around the area?

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

we have also been offered the opportunity to stay at El Careyes. Can someone estimate food and booze costs (e.g. how much is a meal at the resort hotel)? We will have a car.

Thanks so much!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I'm trying to remember what it cost. I guess it's like a high end restaurant. I'd say our dinners ranged from about $50-$100 each night, depending on appetizers, etc. (this is for two people). Lunch is probably like $25 or so. Breakfast was included in our package, so often times we would just get some guacamole and chips or something around lunchtime. At certain times of year, I think they also have a deli open, which is another option for lunch. The last time we were there it was closed during the low season. A beer was probably $3 and margaritas maybe $5.

Having a car probably won't help with food too much unless you want to work pretty hard at it. Playa Rosa right down the beach is about the same price, and there isn't a lot of other options a close drive away.

The food at El Careyes was very good.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and drink at El Careyes

I loved our stay!! We honeymooned there just for one night, as it was our first time away from our 13 month old son. But we have decided to spend our anniversary there every 5 years.

As for places to explore, Barra Navidad is maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour away, when we went there, there was a market.

Reply to: Food and drink at El Careyes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Careyes