We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterfalls

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
waterfalls

does anyone know if there is a waterfall tour or can you just take a cab there. Can you just go to the waterfalls without going on the coffee plantation tour? Is the coffee plantation tour worth going on?

Is there an ATV tour to the waterfalls? Lots of questions, I know but I'm soooo excited.

Huatulco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Huatulco
Level Contributor
996 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waterfalls

Hi supernurse,

I don't think there are organized tours just to the water falls (without going to the coffee plantation, I mean). You can always rent a cab, or contact Veronica at ttchahue@hotmail.com, they can cater for any type of tour you're looking for....

Roberto

www.hurricanedivers.com

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waterfalls

roberto,

thanks for the info. Again, you come thru with the answers. You are a wealth of information which is much appreciated. We are looking forward to our tour with Hurricane Divers.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
645 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterfalls

We also wanted to do just the waterfalls and would have had no problem going by private tour for anywhere from 150 - 300 US$. But, we decided to try a fellow named Dimitri who was recommended to us and can befound on the beach infront of the Gala/Barcelo. His price for a waterfall and coffee plantation tour came in well below any others we had priced and after a lengthly conversation about what type of tour it would be, paid him to go with what turned out to be "Cascadas Magicas" based out of La Crucieta. We specifically asked for and were assured we would have a air conditioned van, english guide, the waterfalls, the coffee plantation and lunch. We got a Suburban with no AC, a guide with acceptable english, (considering we had no spanish skillls to help us), no coffee plantation, a fairly homestyle lunch at the waterfalls, and we gringos ended up payingdouble what the Mexican family had! So, I guess my advice is buyer beware. We enjoyed our day but it was not what we thought we were getting.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Huatulco
Barcelo Huatulco
4,234 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
California
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: waterfalls

How far are the waterfalls from Huatulco (Las Brisas)? We want to rent a car while we're there and see the sights on our own. We've driven through Costa Rica and Mexico, so we're not afraid of bad roads, but we're wondering if it's safe to explore on our own and how far everything is. Do cars get broken into if you park and hang our at some of the beaches? Any info would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,992 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waterfalls

Just supporting what staed said regarding Dimitri. We would not recommend him at all......he lied about details for fishing with one of the other couples we hung out with at the Gala. I would definitely not believe a word he says. It's too bad as most all the other vendors are honest and reliable.

Huatulco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Huatulco
Level Contributor
996 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waterfalls

Hi wmac,

The falls are about 2 1/2 hours driving from Las Brisas. No bad roads though, just dirt track.

It's very safe here in general, I never even lock my car....

Roberto

www.hurricanedivers.com

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,992 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Lima,Ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: waterfalls

supernurse,

I put some pics on the forum today and a couple of them are from the falls. It may take a few days for them to show-up but just click on (more about buckeye/cameraman) and then photos. There are some pics there already.

cameraman

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
645 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: waterfalls

If you visit www.tomzap.com and go the the "Visitors Comments" Huatulco board there is a recent post there with details about how to drive to the waterfalls yourself. The post is called "Rio Copaitilla Waterfall"

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
9. Re: waterfalls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 19:20