We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkle gear

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkle gear

Does anyone know if there is snorkling

equipment available at the Gala--either included with all inclusive or for an extra cost?

Thanks in advance!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkle gear

I had heard that there was snorkelling gear there at the watersport center. We had brought our own so we didn't enquire. If you bring your own I had heard that you could pack it separately (like golf equipment) and it would not be counted in your luggage allowance. We were not aware of this when we went so you would have to confirm this with your airline.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkle gear

Hi Bleep,

There is pretty good snorkeling at the end of the beach near the rocks.

We took our own masks and snorkels. Those at the resort are well used. The fins they have are o.k. No extra cost for any equipment, just sign out to your room number.

Ms. Creteman

Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkle gear

snorkle gear is free at the Gala & $5.00 at La Entrega or Maguey bays. Both are very close to one another & just the other side of Santa Cruz.

Some of the best snorkling in the area. Get one of the boat guys to bring you over. They can drop you off & come back at a prearranged time. Worth the extra pesos over a taxi ride. Great local people.

One of the highlights of my trip.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkle gear

good tip titangirl re packing snorkel gear separately; I hadn't thought of that -- was going to leave our fins at home due to weight. Might bring them now.

We are flying Skyservice; in case anyone else is interested here are the rules I just found on their site:

Sporting Equipment: Please note that there is a limit of one item per passenger accepted as a courtesy. Anything beyond this list will be considered excess. Passengers may be required to sign a Limited Release Tag if the item is considered unsuitably packaged, or is fragile or if the items has pre-existing damage.

Scuba Equipment - No Charge

Air tank must be completely emptied. Pressure guage must be protected. Skyservice suggests a waiting period of at least 24 hours between the last dive and flight check-in time. It is however, the sole responsibility of the individual to determine what pre-flight waiting period following their dive is safest for them.

Golf Equipment - No Charge

In order to keep the contents intact, we ask that the bags be covered. Limited to a regular sized golf bag consisting of:

- 14 clubs

- 12 golf balls

- 1 pair of shoes

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
336 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkle gear

Take a snorkeling trip with Hurricaine Divers - it was the highlight of our trip. They will leand you equipment for the trip. All day..see the 7 bays , have a great picnic lunch on a deserted beach and some of the best snorkeling I've ever experienced. Swam with the huge Mantas and saw whales 50 feet away! It was absolutely one of the most amazing experiences!!! DO NOT MISS!

6. Re: Snorkle gear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:18