We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help-- resort for a family of 5

San Antonio
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need help-- resort for a family of 5

Hello all! My husband and I spent an amazing honeymoon in Huatulco back in 1996 at what was the Sheraton (now Barcelo, I *think*). We've always wanted to go back and finally we think our kids are getting old enough to appreciate it. However, we have three kids and this tends to pose a problem for travel anywhere, but seems like it might be nearly impossible in Huatulco. We don't mind adjoining rooms as long as the rates are fairly reasonable.

Does anyone have a recommendation for 3 kids, ages 6-10 at the time of travel?

And one final question since I'm here... is El Sabor de Oaxaca still around? I still dream about the food there!

Rau
Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help-- resort for a family of 5

I ate at El Sabor de Oaxaca last year great local dish's

winnipeg
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help-- resort for a family of 5

Crown Pacific would be a good choice, as the suites are very spacious. You could get two queens and every suite has a pullout. Lots of room so you won't be too cramped, especially on level 8. Those ones are huge with a full living room area.

Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
429 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help-- resort for a family of 5

Here is another option to think about. Look at www.villapacifico.com, it is a villa in Residential Conejos. You can rent a apartment and have use of the whole villa during your stay. Each apartment has two queen beds and a single bed, so plenty of room for you and the kids. The villa is very nice, two beautiful negative edge pools and a fantastic staff.

The apartment also has a spacious bathroom, microwave, small frig, TV, and two balconies. Rebecca runs the villa and will prepare amazing meals for you if you wish. Check it out! We love the place.

4. Re: Need help-- resort for a family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco