We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

We will be arriving on the Island Princess, and will only be there for 6 hrs. (7-1). Would like to consider going back for a land vacation in the future. We have cruised there before and thought it was lovely and enjoyed the little town that is right there. We want to possibly do a little snorkeling, and maybe take a taxi tour of the general area? Does that sound doable? Also, is there an internet cafe around anywhere? (If not, that would be a great little business for a local to start. They charge WAY too much on the ships!) Thanks!

Rau
Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

Take a taxi to La Entrega beach some good snorkeling there and you can get something to eat too..Nice beach to spend the day

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

I think there are a few internet cafes around....plus some places that have wireless.

If I only had a few hours to spend in the area, I would likely catch a cab(taxis are easy to find) and go to either Maguey or Entrega to do some snorkeling and relaxing at one of the nice, rustic beach restaurants there.(Free for the tables/umbrellas and some have loungers even, but you should buy lunch and drinks from them of course.)

If you want to do some shopping, take a cab to La Crucecita and ask to be dropped off at the town square.

If you want to hang at a beach with a bit bigger surf, maybe do some boogie boarding, splash in a river that flows into the ocean, and have drinks and lunch- head to Playa la Bocana (no snorkeling here though).

If you want to hang out at a more upscale beach club (one with showers and pool, nicer bathrooms, good snorkeling, palapas and loungers with beach service- head to Chahue Bay where there are two beach clubs like this. Head to the far southwest/right side of the bay by the rocks to snorkel.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

If you like to golf - there is a lovely course. Let them know you are on a schedule and if the front nine is busy they will let you start on the back nine. Its an awesome way to spend a few hours and very reasonably priced. Just a suggestion.

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

Thanks, everyone. Sounds wonderful! Can't wait. I wish we were staying longer thouh.........

Calgary Alberta...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

You can contact Mario Cobos.com for a truly wonderful experience. He was my guide and now my "brother". Fluent english and 20 years knowledge of the area.Yes there is an internet cafe but I'm not sure where it is, you would have to ask mario.

By the way if you want yoga or massage he is very capable as well as an being an artist.

Havelock, Ontario...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

I would also recommend Huricane Divers, contact them via email, and book directly - they'll customize their schedule for you specifically if they can - and give you their all day excursion --- best deal on the books if you ask me. Just make sure you arrange everything before you arrive - they're a busy bunch!!

Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

would love to know the names of the two beach clubs mentioned. Sense we are there for the day with a cruise ship, maybe I should book one of these clubs in advance?

8. Re: Arriving on a cruise ship (sorry!) and want to maximize time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco