We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf questions

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
golf questions

My DH and I are arriving on Jan 16 and plan on doing lots of golfing.

Is there any deals on golf? We are staying at Castillo and I don't think they offer any coupons but I heard that as a signature customer we shouold get a discount. Anyone know for sure....

We are flying skyservice and was told that out clubs won't cost extra if they are within the allowable weight. 20 kgs. is this included in the 2 bag weight or considered extra?

TIA

winterpeg
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf questions

Golf clubs are not usually part of your luggage allowance. There is amulti play pass, but most of the hotels do offer some sort of discount. Check with your signature rep at the hotel. Its a great golf course. You'll love it!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf questions

Sports equipment is not considered part of the regular baggage allowance with skyservice. You're allowed 20 kg for the golf clubs. It also states something like 1 pair golf shoes, 1 glove and 1 dozen balls but I don't think they really care as long it is under the 20kg. I usually take way more than 1 dozen balls (game is kind of rusty in January, 3 or 4 dozen balls looks pretty cool in the X-ray machine) and I stuff my snorkle stuff into the golf travel bag as well. Depending how my other luggage weight is working out, I've been known to stuff my golf travel bag with lotions & potions and various footwear.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf questions

I'm not sure what is happening with the golf discount. When I booked my trip thru Signature, Las Brisas was showing a 20 or 30% discount for golf but now there is no mention of golf on the website. I'm glad I printed stuff showing the discount, I'll be brining it with me just in case. Now the Barcelo is the only one showing the golf discount.

wpg
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: golf questions

I would suggest that you bring an adequate supply of balls , tees, etc. as the pro shop is not well stocked. When we flew Skyservice last year, golf clubs were not included in the baggage allotment. We really enjoyed the course - hope you do too.

BTW what is a DH?

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: golf questions

DH is usualy short for either "Dear Husband" or "Damn Husband". In my wife's case it depends what day you ask her.

Stew.

wpg
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: golf questions

Thanks LongDriver for clearing up the DH question. I thought it might stand for designated hitter or desperate housewife.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golf questions

You guys had me worried about the golf bags being allowed so I went back and double checked the web-site. They hide the info pretty well but if you go into "pre-travel info" and then select "baggage" and from there select "accepted items" the sports equipment is posted as allowable outside your regular baggage allowance. 20 kg for golf bags. It does say if they catch you putting personal items in there you will get charged an excess baggage fee.

northern ontario
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golf questions

campo de golf tongalunda.

Just golfed there on January 1st. we had a coupon worth a discount from the crown pacific. the crown signed a paper getting us the discount.

discount price is 730 pesos cart included/2 per cart

acutal price is 800 pesos. you don't need a caddy unless you want one. the golf is amazing and a great deal for golf in mexico. 7:00am is easy to get on. it is never busy. can get through in about 4 hours. beverage cart is always around and cheap. they sell used balls at around 10 pesos a ball. Rentals are 230 pesos and the are top flite clubs. not bad unless you are a stickler about clubs and only want your own.

have any questions, let me know.

northern dude

9. Re: golf questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 16:18