We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

I heard this is a heart shaped bay and is a must see. Anyone ever been here? How far is this bay from Dreams? What is the best way to see this bay? Any other info would be great. Thanks to all for responding!

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Cacaluta is a gorgeous bay with a nice beach and water. It's not easily accessible though. The pavement ends quite a ways from the beach itself, you could take a dirtbike or an ATV and get to the beach quite easily. The best way to get to Cacaluta (and many of the best beaches in Huatulco) is by boat.

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Do you know what the cost of a boat from Dreams to Cacaluta?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
700 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Pangas charge around $1500 to $2000 pesos per day you can go snorkeling at Cacaluta and even go to la India beach wich I thing is the most beautyful one,you can also take a cab to Maguey ($80 pesos) and hike to Cacaluta about 2 miles,you will have to bring water and snacks and lots of sunscreen there is no shade and comeback to Ay Caray at Maguey for some great seafood.

Alfredo

Gary, Indiana
Level Contributor
883 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Ay Caray had the best fried fish (pescado frito) when I was in Huatulco. Also the slowest service but I was okay with that...

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

I think you can hire a panga and captain for $45-$50 per hour. If you want to spend the day negotiate a price from one of the guys on the beach, or take a taxi ($3 from Dreams) to Santa Cruz and hire a panga and captain. There are lots of boats and captains for hire.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
700 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Hi COgringo

You are the second person that mention the slow service at the Ay Caray,just wondering,how busy it was when you were there?'cause if not next time you are in Ay caray the firt round is on the house(staff is paying)Sorry about that,Yuo can also check the Ay Caray in town,Calle Palma Real & Avenida Gardenia.

Alfredo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Hello Alfredo what a nice thing to do. We were tossing around the idea of visiting your restaurant and couldn't decide how we were going to manage our time in order to do so. We will now find the time to visit for sure and would love to meet you and say hi. Hope you will be at the restaurant when we visit.

Vince and Karen

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
700 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Looking forward to meet you and hopefully you have a great experience at Ay Caray!.I just cameback from a meeting with my staff about this matter.When will you be in Huatulco?

Alfredo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

Alfredo, we sent you a PM with our dates and a question. See you soon.

Vince and Karen

chicago, il
Level Contributor
304 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cacaluta Bay? Your opinion please.

We hired a guy with a boat for the day and it was pricey- like, 150 I think. Kind of a rip off, I thought. But definately find a way to snorkel off of La India beach. It was the most beautiful snorkeling ever. We were the only ones there until a large tour boat came and some of their passengers got off to snorkel. I think you could get on one of the large 7 bays tour boats (make sure it's going to india first) for about 30 dollars. If you swim a ways from the bost you would probably see lots of fish. Just hanging out on La India beach would not be so great as there is no shade, chairs, etc. It is national park, if I'm not mistaken.