We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

Just starting my research and was wondering if there is a hotel on a nice beach with a pool that is close to town. We like to be able to walk to shops or restaurants.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,695 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

There are several nice smaller hotels in the Santa Cruz and Chahue areas that are close to the beach, and in walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Just do a search on 'Playa Chahue Huatulco hotels'. One I have heard good things about is Best Western Posada Chahue.

The Hotel Villa Blanca is not directly on the beach but has a great location; it has a lovely courtyard pool area, and you can easily walk to the beach clubs at Playa Chahue, and also to Santa Cruz and La Crucecita. Remember that the area has plentiful cabs and they are cheap.

The only All- Inclusive hotel that has packages and a good locaton for walking to restaurants and both towns is the Hotel Castillo, located just across from the marina in Santa Cruz.

You can also consider a condo, there are several condo rentals in the area, check on VRBO.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

Do you know if any of these Resorts you listed are RCI affiliated? ( no, I ahve not checked RCI yet sorry, just reasearching)

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

Hi, what does RCI stand for?

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

The Best Western Posada Chahue is not located on a beach, but is within walking distance to one on the beaches. The hotel is centrally located, we wandered over there for breakfasts on more than one occasion during our visit in January,they also offered an extensive vegetarian menu, which was a treat. The hotel itself is small, the pool is teeny, the grounds very well maintained. We stayed nearby at locally owned hotel, Hotel Maro that was 1/3 the cost, bigger rooms and bigger pool, no restaurant though. Cost aside, another drawback to the Best Western is that every night the BIG DISCO BUS, begins it nightly pilgrimage behind the hotel, The bus blares out the worst disco, disco that I didn't even dance too.....

Suze

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,695 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

There are no RCI affiliated resorts at all in Oaxaca, sorry!

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

I have a RCI vacation guide( 2008-09) that lists 3 affiliated resorts for Huatulco ,Villa Blanca, Marina Resort Huatulco, and Club Plaza Huatulco. Hope this helps.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

...RCI is a time share company, and yes Villa Blanca is on their web-site.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

Help help was/is appreciated. I am looking into RCI for this area.

We are looking for the smaller not so "built up" area to visit. We jsut came from Bucerias and loved it. Any other suggestions for a travel vacation to this sort of destination are welcomed.

As my name mentions I am always and forever a

"sunseeeker"

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

You are looking for a smaller not so built up area, I think that pretty well describes Huatulco. It always seems to be on the edge of bursting out and growing, but that really hasn't happened yet. Having said that it has all the things you want and also need for a sunny vacation area. Like Suze said there are only three small hotels with RCI affiiation. Having vacationed in other busier Mexican resort areas, where time share sharks are everywhere, you won't see them in Huatulco and lets all hope that continues.

Cheers,

Brent

10. Re: Hotel with in walking distance to restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 05:16