We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport

is the Huatulco Airport all non smoking?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
676 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

Ho no, there are a lots of smoking areas. is a small airport and is pretty much open.

Alfredo

victoria
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

The smoking in Mexico question is an interesting issue for me. I am a non-smoker and have concerns when I see Canadians who are pretty respectful of non smokers at home who seem to light up all over the place when on vacation. Comments?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

My understanding is that smoking is prohibited in enclosed restaurants in Mexico. Not all enforce it but i have seen smoking in restaurants in Huatulco drop off over the last 2 years. As in Canada smoking in open spaces is fair game.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

Upon arrival, there's no smoking until you have your luggage, clear customs and get outside.

On departure, I don't recall any smoking areas once you have passed thru the security check-point.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport

Just ....please, please, please...don't leave your butts on the beach......

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport

You took the words right out of my mouth itchyandscratchy.....

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport

And while you're at it:

Don't claim a prime location lounge chair with a towel and disappear for 4 hours.

Don't butt in line at the buffet.

Sneeze/cough into the crook of you arm.

Don't leave disposable cups or other trash laying on the beach or anywhere else, put in in a garbage can.

Don't pee in the pool.

Treat service staff with respect, they are not your slave.

Don't drink alchohol to the point of being a loud & obnoxious.

Don't pile your plate full of food at the buffet and then throw half of it out, you can always go back for more.

Perhaps the OP is a non-smoker and is concerned about being subjected to 2nd hand smoke while in the airport.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,590 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport

I went from a smoker to a non-smoker just over two years ago....and I have to admit as a smoker, I used to LOVE going to Mexico on vacations because I could smoke anywhere and everywhere, like the 'bad old days' here in Canada! (Although I never littered my butts on the beach or anywhere).

I think in Mexico it is technically now illegal to smoke in enclosed spaces, but since most restaurants are open air (as is the airport, mostly) smokers can and do light up almost everywhere. C'est la vie.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport

thank you Chipin

assumption you know what ppl say

10. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2010, 06:18