We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river rafting ?

25 miles north of...
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
river rafting ?

Will be staying in Santa Cruise for the month of Feb 2010 and was wondering if there any chance of rafting down the river or will it be too dry? Who do I contact if this is possible? THANKS!!!!!!!!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
687 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river rafting ?

Thats the dryest season and the rivers are at the lowest, Rancho Tangolunda is one of the raftings companies www.ranchotangolunda.com they can give you all the info, Aventura Mexico is located across from Barcelo, next to the Italian Coffe in Tangolunda.

Alfredo

25 miles north of...
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river rafting ?

Thanks for the info. I knew it was a longshot that being the dry season. I will still look into it even if we just get a slow easy ride down the river.I think ranchotangolunda is who we went horse back riding with a couple of years ago. Adios

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
659 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river rafting ?

We've done the river rafting twice in February and it's a leisurely ride down the river but lots of birds to see, and a nice ride. Once you get to the outlet at the ocean, it can be a wild ride if you opt to stay on, but great fun.

25 miles north of...
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river rafting ?

Thankyou diggar99,That is what we are looking for.I walked across the mouth of the river at La Bocana so I could get to the beach on the other side a couple of years ago.Is this the river the rafting comes out at.---ADIOS---

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
659 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: river rafting ?

Yes the Copalita runs into the ocean at La Bocana.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: river rafting ?

Hey. last year we went rafting in Feb. and we had a hoot. We lucked out because there was four of us and it happened to be a school holiday so the people we went with had their two little girls with them. What a great trip. We want to go again this year when there ,, First two weeks in Feb. Cam't wait. We rented from the people across from the Barcelo.

7. Re: river rafting ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 05:16