We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of food questions...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of food questions...

Is there a good streetside taco stand in the area? Sometimes I like to partake in a couple of tacos when I'm out and about without having to go into a resaturant. I know hygiene can be a concern if there isn't running water available. Anyone have any good recommendations?... Also, some of the best chicken we've ever tasted has been in Mexico. We've had it numerous ways there but seldom deep-fried...is there a place that serves good old greasy deep-fried chicken?...10 more sleeps

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of food questions...

There is a good marinated pork taco stand in La Crucecita. they cook outside and it looks like a Donair stand, but it is pork. They are 5 for 30 pesos. YUM!! have the Cheese fondue (queso fundito) as it also rocks! enjoy!

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of food questions...

I'm a street food junkie at heart. La Crucecita has a couple of amazing roadside joints that sell El Pastor, seasoned succulent pork, cooked on an upright rotisserie, with a pineapple on top. Slices are carved off, caught in warm tortilla,a slice of pina, then smothered with grilled super sweet cebollitas, cilantro, hot salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime... It's heaven.. chased back with a couple of cold beer, it's hard to stop at 4.. Chicken... not too many that offer deep fried, remember that this an area where the temperature is hot, not too many deep fryers. Grilled/ BBQ chicken is plentiful, a spot that has been highly recommended on previous posts is at Bocana .

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of food questions...

Sounds good, thanks. Are these stands near the town square?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of food questions...

Hey Fogu, yes there are stands around the square, and small out of the way places in and around town. Take a walk around and follow your nose, there are some great little eateries all over.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of food questions...

Thanks speed0...mmmm street meat, living life on the edge in Huatulco!

Havelock, Ontario...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of food questions...

There is one fried chicken place - Pollo Geraldo - done in the "Kentucky" style - not too bad - will certainly fix the craving.

You will find it on Bougambillia at the corner of Maquil - you get to it by walking away from the central square in La Cruciceta

Pat

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A couple of food questions...

Thanks Pat. Using the church as a starting point, which way do I go.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A couple of food questions...

I'm a street food connosieur, too. It's the BEST!

Click on the restaurant section for Tulum, then click on the cheap eats page. Listed there are several street food options and their locations.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A couple of food questions...

OMG, I'm so sorry I spaced out and was thinking I was on the Tulum forum.

In Huatulco we like to get tacos and tlayudas at El Pato (think that's the name). It's a couple streets off the main square. Very humble looking mom and pop type place but good. A cabbie would know where it is.

huatulco
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A couple of food questions...

The Church is on Gardenia. On the opposite side of the Zocalo (park) is Bugambilla street, and if you are facing the church, go away from the park to your right. I've had Geraldo's "Kentucky" chicken, and it is really quite luvly when you are missing deep-fried breaded chicken. Oops, I just drooled a little.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco