We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

we are travelling to the Gala Resort in a few days and wanted to know if the milk is pasteurized or not. I have heard that it is pasteurized and in tetra packs. Can anyone comment? Don't know if I should pack my own milk or not.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

Hi, we are wondering the same thing, on behalf of others travelling with us who will have a toddler. Anyone know if homogenized, pasteurized milk is available?

(Jan holiday, if you read this when you get back, would love to hear what you found!)

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

Jan holiday, we're travelling with a preschooler and a toddler next week to Gala too and were wondering the same thing. I've been to the Mayan where the resorts had pasteurized milk in tetra packs, but the milk was not homogenized. I think it was 2%. It tasted a little sweeter than milk in Canada and my son took a while to get used to it, but he did. If you child doesn't like the milk at the resort, I guess you can always go into town to buy milk. I understand that all milk in Mexico is pasteurized. Or you can bring skim milk powder with you from Toronto. Would you please post when you return from you trip regarding the milk at the Gala? Thx.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
583 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Crown Pacific and although I don't have small children, I wish I had taken my own tetra pack milk from Canada instead of drinking the milk at the resort. I had an general on-again off-agin queasiness the first week which did not end until I stopped having the cereal with milk and yogurt for breakfast. It was the only thing I was doing differntly than my husband and he was not sick that way at all.

Estes Park, CO
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

My son loves the taste of the milk but it comes back up in about 20 min. I now take along powdered milk and mix it up in the bottled water for easy measuring.

5. Re: Milk at the Gala Resort - travelling with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
Recent Conversations