We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing price drop !

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing price drop !

Great prices from Vancouver Nov 22. Direct!

Castillo Hotel $345 , Dreams $ 765 plus tax.

Even air alone is good.

$235 plus tax 1 week .$395 plus tax for 2 weeks.

Even Secrets is slowly dropping at $1100 on Dec 6

Must not be many people going these days

Time to get my Visa card out.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing price drop !

Air only has been posted at 175$ plus the dreaded 330$ service fee / tax for the last 2 days... Web site shows 235$, but if you proceed with a booking it drops even further.

Tempting, for sure... wait and see the first week in December... it will be lower. If work ever slows down I'm outta here!

Sunwing packages prices will be interesting to watch for the upcoming season, The rates are ridiculously high , add into the mix another 400 rooms ( Secrets) .. I'm sure there will be the odd deal or two for those that wait to book. Just my 2¢.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
604 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing price drop !

Same date out of Calgary, is $505 plus taxes for the Castillo. Still a good price!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing price drop !

oh Sunwing...how I hate thee.....

I booked my hotel a few weeks ago and today noticed a price drop for Castillo==certainly would have prefered to go there over the Crown but at the time the price difference was crazy....now it's less than Crown...

so, I called the people i booked with to see if I could change hotels...was even willing to just trade hotels...same price (even though the difference is about $300 or so...)...sure, I can change BUT with no price difference (that is ok) but a charge of $100 per person!! grrrrr.....so they would make money on the hotel itself and a fee.....I really don't think so....so it's the Crown, and that's ok.....

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing price drop !

whooops..should have mentioned that the hotel was booked with sunwing but through a different agent....they do offer good hotel prices just HATE the customer service...

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
654 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing price drop !

I hear ya itchyandscratch!

They also like charging "deviations fees ". Which drives me nuts! Same plane, same dates, same seats there and back, same chain of resorts, but just try to switch some accommidations up! Not going to happen, for free! I look at it as some kind of slap on the hand for changing your mind! And not a cheap slap, like a $250.00 pp slap! lol

Edited: 21 November 2011, 23:37
victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing price drop !

Don't get me started on their " TAX"..... what is that about???? An extra 330$, Yikes, WestJet Mexican vacation packages taxes run around 115$...

Itchy... next year I'm going to take away all of Your credit cards so You won't be able to book until 2 weeks before departure!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
604 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing price drop !

Wow, I checked yesterday and the price for the Castillo in my previous post dropped to $315 plus the taxes.

Itchy, I feel your pain, but I think you'll like the Crown having been both there and the Castillo myself. You guys are walkers, so that aspect won't bother you, you get to eat beach/pool side, which is really nice, and the views are great from the upper levels!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing price drop !

no Suze...not the credit cards!!! Arg....I should know by now but with such restricted dates for our travel i always want to make sure......

staed....We have been to Crown before and we did really like it!!! love the big rooms and balconies!! I know we will have a great time regardless of hotel....will miss being in Santa Cruz though.. With all my darn food allergies the Crown is really better for me as they have a greater selection of salads and fruit throughout the day.....mmmm

Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing price drop !

i was looking online out of winnipeg. no deals for dreams. i expect prices to stay high until after christmas. I think these days with the economic uncertainty , people are becoming wiser with "how" they spend there disposable income. I think travel companies are trying to sell high as long as they can, and will realize, people are not willing to pay, more than a week in mexico is actually worth. I have payed less in the past , for the exact same package with sunwing. The next few years we may see prices get better, as the travel industry continues to take big hits, for greedy, prices.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing price drop !

Prices are still going down for December.

$1015 plus tax for Secrets Huatulco from Vancouver. The lowest I've seen yet.