We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

The packages for next winter are up on the board.....The hotel Castillo doesn't look bad price wise if you want a two week vacation in February for under two grand.....

The Dreams is probably the best bargain for the same two weeks, with the Barcelo about a hundred bucks less for the same package......No flight times yet, just the date of departure, and of course its back to "Sunwing Tuesdays" at HUX once more......

I think I'll just wait and see what Westjet is planning on offering next winter.....

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Huatulco
Barcelo Huatulco
4,242 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Last we heard that Westjet may fly to Mexico City next season but so far no news on HUX. Also heard that Air Transat was coming back to HUX 2012/2013.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

I hope someone else picks up flights to Huatulco. Westjet or airtransat I'll be happy....a little competition would be good too.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Westjet has recently signed an alliance with Aeromexico. WestJet is planning on opening five new routes including a direct flight from Calgary to Mexico City. The other 4 routes have yet to been announced. Which begs to ask.... 4 other routes, Huatulco has to be in the running for one.

I whole heartedly agree, a little competition for Us folks in Canada would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

I hope you're right. You would think Huatulco would have to be in the running for one of the other four destinations....I read a rumor on here that airtransat will be flying out to Huatulco ad well.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Afterthought....didn't airtransat fly to Huatulco in the past? How long ago was that and why did they stop?

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
toronto ontario
Level Contributor
126 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Yes, Air Transat did fly to Huatulco 10+ years ago. Our first trip from YYZ was with them and Villablanca was the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Hotel Villablanca Huatulco
Hotel Villablanca...
629 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Air Transat flew more recently than 10 years ago - the last Transat packages (flights were operated by Westjet) were in about 2008.

sask
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

We were looking at prices to Huatulco for next Jan for two weeks out of Saskatoon at Las Brisas is 2155 plus tx. And Dreams is coming in at 2335 plus tax. Is this a relatively good price. Never realy looked at this for this Jan so dont know what to expect

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
5,016 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

I think for two weeks the prices you found are pretty good. What dates in January are those for?

sask
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing Packages to Huatulco for 2012/2013....

Jan 8, there was a flight also leaving on the 1st which also had comparable prices. Not sure what the price usually is but thought it was quite a bit more.