We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels around the square?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels around the square?

Hi....I'm trying to find hotels that are located around the square in La Crucecita.

So far I've found:

Flamboyant - can't sit on the balconies as they're too small?

Mision de los Arcos - no pool?

Posada del Parque - but I can't find anything out about it

Casa Shaguiba

I also saw a couple places that don't have names on google map..one is above a place called Gabriel the Owl and the other is next to Comex and the third is across from the Flamboyant (Posada Gardenias?).

If you have any information about little places around the square that have a balcony, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks! :-)

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels around the square?

Haven't stayed at the Flamboyant, but it does get good reviews. I have stayed at the Mision de los Arcos and it is one sweet little hotel. Sparkling clean, nice large rooms, very comfortable beds. The restaurant has good food, and the ice cream bar/ cafe is really cool. This little hotel is a bargain. They have been working at putting a pool rooftop, but I don't know if it ever got competed. Can't go wrong with this one!

Beaches and beach clubs with pools are close by.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels around the square?

I've stayed at Mision de los Arcos a couple of times- as Speedo says- "sweet little hotel" and most of the rooms have at least a small balcony. If you ask in advance, it shouldn't be a problem to reserve a room with a balcony. You really can't go wrong. Great location, great hotel, great price!

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels around the square?

I also recommend Mision de los Arcos. We stayed there and LOVED it!! The beds are very comfortable (pillow top), the rooms are lovely, the hosts are friendly and accomodating, flat screen TV's, free WIFI, and the food is fantastic! One of the owners teaches yoga and holds classes in a room right off of the lobby. Did I miss pool? I did a few days but the accomodations offset the minor inconvenience of going to the beach or the beach club. Our room was on the same side as the Flamboyant and we could look directly into the rooms there. NO COMPARISON! Dark rooms, low flat beds and the decor is nothing like Mision. I don't know what the prices are at the Flamboyant but the prices at Mision would be hard to beat. In my opinion the Mision is the best hotel around. We are already booked there for next year!

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels around the square?

The Flamboyant has a 4 plex style separate building located adjacent to the pool, located in the back of the property. ...huge fully contained 2 bedroom suites, with full kitchen, they have big covered lanai style balconies..the furnishing were a bit of a mix mash.. I was poking around the property and I met the couple that were staying there, they gave me the grand tour, I think the rate they negotiated was around 2000$ for a month.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels around the square?

Thanks everyone for your great feedback! I appreciate it. :-) mariaguapa - awesome info about them having at least a small balcony...I read that only the 'one' ? junior suite had one..I'm a balcony addict..lol. Thanks again..the biggest problem is.....air fare! :-)

6. Re: Hotels around the square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 16:20
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels around the square?

Thank you! Unfortunately, it doesn't me pricing. I want a Canadian charter flight so I'm not sure they would have that anyway. I appreciate the info! :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels around the square?

We stayed at Mission for one night while waiting for our condo to come available. I thought they had a very small pool to at least cool off in. I could be wrong but that is what I recall. Great little hotel, great owners, great staff, great location, and great food. We had a small balcony and didn't reserve a junior suite.

Hope this helps

Vince & Karen

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels around the square?

I guess you could cool off in that little pool Vince....but it is a just a decoration in the little court yard. Pretty sure they had a pool going in up on the roof.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels around the square?

Thanks vinman7! And thanks speed0! I did see that little fountain-ish area pool and had a bit of a giggle thinking that they just might not appreciate me having a paddle around it lol. :-) Of all the places in the area around the square this seems to be very popular with people..it looks lovely.

Thanks again!

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
Recent Conversations