We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

I will be booking a stay at the Las Brisas Huatulco in the next couple of weeks and would appreciate any information that people would like to share.

1) Is it worth the upgrade to book one of the Las Brisas Club Suites? What exactly is the benefit?

2) Do the Las Brisas Club Suites have balconies or are they only on the ground floor?

3) What village has the best view of the ocean?

4) Has anyone traveled to this destination with Transat Holidays, and if so, what was the experience like?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :)

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

We upgrade when we got there and the view was great and they do have balconies, didn't see what the other rooms were like to compare but we enjoyed it.

Level Contributor
87 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

The Brisas Beach Club lets you stay in the Mar section with a balcony and ocean view, and gives you access to a Continental breakfast and happy hour hors d'ourves and cocktails. The hotel says it's an extra $59 a night so you'll have to decide if that's worth it. Last winter, we purchased the continental breakfast add-on they were offering ($8 more per night) and we already had an ocean-view room, but when we got there they upgraded us to the Brisas Beach Club without us asking. That was great, but I'm not sure we would have paid $59 a night more for it. In fact, I know we wouldn't have. But others might feel differently. We weren't on the AI plan, unlike most others at the resort that week.

Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

Thanks to both of you for posting your comments. We did go ahead and book the Brisas Beach Club suites for early January so I'll post my observations when we return.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

I wonder how common the free upgrades are or why they randomly do that?

Ponemah, Manitoba
Level Contributor
201 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

Hi. we've been to Brisas and have never been upgraded without us asking. the one time we did upgratde, we managed to get the upgrade price down to 25.00 U.S. per night.

Room was great, with balcony, although the junior suites in "clouds" where we stayed the other 3 times was just as nice. you had the 'club' that offered breakfast and happy hour, but happy hour was only for an hour each night. it was nice, they have a beauiful patio there where we met up with people from everyone and had a great time with them. and the service was fabulous. "Adi" (not sure if that was how you spelled her name) was absolutely wonderful. Adi works in other restaurants at the resort and she is an abolute pleasure.

as for the upgrade charge, not 100% as to whether it is worth it. we didn't do it again. but if they were to offer it at no charge, I'd take it!

As for meeting people, brisas is great as it's chock full of us canadians, who are a friendly and fun bunch! we have even run into the same couples (from all accross canada) form year to year.

we have decided to do something a bit different though this year and are going to the castillo in santa cruz.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

With our budget we will not be upgrading, but it sounds like we won't be missing too much. I am fully prepared to like my little spot in Huatulco!

7. Re: Las Brisas Huatulco Club Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco