We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
762 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

Hi all.

From what I've even able to gather, to walk from the hotel to La Crucecita I would head left out of the hotel, then turn left on Boulevard Chahue?

It's about a half-mile?

What can I expect to find along the way?

What street in La Crucecita is best for touristy shopping?

Thanks!

Tom

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
528 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

Yup, your directions are good. All of La Crucecita is is centered around a main square and there is shopping all around it, and be sure to head away from the square and support all the little shops that lay beyond. Everything is nicely walkable and cold cervezas at different places will help the day along. Be sure to stop in at the covered market that is directly infront of the main square, on your right hand side. Lots of places to look at.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

I'm not the OP but I appreciate the information.

1/2 a mile? That's all? Cool!

I'm a "Huatulco Rookie" and I'm guessing that Santa Cruz is considerably smaller than La Crucecita. Anyone know the population of both of these towns? Just wondering and not meaning to "hijack" Tom's thread. He and I are arriving at Castillo on the same day. Most likely the same flight out of YYZ also.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

There is another market if you keep waling North (I thinK) down Carrizal or Bugamballia, cross the doule lane road and walk a few blocks. can't recall the name. Not many tourists go there so it is not busy and the people need the business. Does someone know the name of that market?

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

travelbymexico.com/huatulco/mapa/index2.php…

This is a handy dandy reference map of the area, added plus is you can move your mouse around and jump in for a visual using the little orange man, tools found in the top left hand.

As mentioned above , everything is very walkable... can be hot but walkable. As you can see from the map Blvd Chahue is double- laned with a lovely treed boulevard in the middle... not really too much of interest to see on the way in, we usually like to stroll in by walking along the canal, where the Fire Hall Station ( Bomberos) is located.

Edited: 15 September 2012, 16:01
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

Agree with Suze......(and no suze, not booked yet...)

We always veer off and get into town via the canal. We love to check out the soccer field to see if any games are going on, always fun to sit and watch!!

Santa Cruz is much smaller than Crucecita but both are smallsih...very nice!

Walk down the centre boulevard for the shade and coolish breeze. You will see the SuerChe store which is always fun to poke around, but we really like the stores in Crucecita.....do head out of the main square for a more authentic feel.

you cannot get lost and there are always cabs around if you are totally turned around....we have walked everywhere and not gotten lost yet...well, not super lost anyways.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

Atta Girl Itchy.... great things come to those that wait!

Ditto on the " SuperChe"..... swell spot to stop and look around. In our household it is announced, like a Mexican sportscaster reporting on the winning over time goal.... Suuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppeeeeerrrrrrrr Che! "

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

When are you all booked for? Travelling first two weeks of Feb 2013 to the Castillo and appreciate the orientation... visited La Crucecita last year and loved it... anxiously waiting our return to Huatulco..

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

Dolphin Whisperer-

Santa Cruz, La Crucecita, Chahue, Tangolunga etc- they aren't really "towns" per se- more like zones or neighborhoods all part of the area we call Huatulco or Bahias de Huatulco. That said, La Crucecita is "town" or the "downtown" area of Huatulco.

9. Re: Orientation - Castillo Hotel to La Crucecita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:16