We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need sat night tips!

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Need sat night tips!

We arrive sat afternoon and I assume by the time the 9 of us get checked into our rooms and ready to explore, it will be early evening. We wouldn't have time to explore on our own so I need your help. We're looking for a fun place for 50 somethings to dance and drink. in Puerto Vallarta it would be Andele's, Captain Jacks and the Bad Boys Band in Plata del Carmen, and some pirate ship place on the beach in Acapulco. Where should we head in Huatlco/ las Crucecita? In Ocho Rios, I didn't get this info ahead of time we ended up in a less than memorable night at Margarittaville.

Please point us in the right direction. I'm assuming sat is the night most people are out and about.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need sat night tips!

Hemingway's

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need sat night tips!

If you are into disco, La Papia. Gets going around midnite to 1 AM. In Chahue on the main drag to La C., on the left a block or so before the turn to La C.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need sat night tips!

Thanks Hemingway's looks like the place for us to start. and we can head over to La Papia if we get a second wind. I'll get the address and mark it on the TomZap map.

Thanks again, starting the first night off resort is just what we need to get the momentum in the right direction. Need the first night to be fun so it doesn't take dynamite the second night. Hemingways will be just the ticket.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need sat night tips!

Good suggestions. When you head into town from your resort ask the driver to drop you off at the main square. You will get a great feel for the town when you walk around that area in the evening. It will be packed with locals and lots going on, really beauiful. Its a short walk to Hemingways. You might want to drop into La Crema pizza as well, old rock music and a hippie kind of vibe.

La Papaya, the disco, is ultra loud and doesn't get going until the wee hours. If you like that techno head banging music it might be worth a look.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need sat night tips!

La crema for sure needs to be added to the agenda. I think the square will get us feeling like we're in Mexico right off the bat. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Re: Need sat night tips!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco