We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

484 rooms in Las Brisas?

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
484 rooms in Las Brisas?

The place looks massive on google maps is there really only 484 rooms? There's 27 buildings on the map that's like 18 rooms per building.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

What's your point?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

486 rooms I believe. Been there 3 times but never bother to count, just going by what I read.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

Las Brisas was a Club Med in the past, one of the first resorts built on this bay.I worked with a women that visited many years ago on a reward from C. Dior Cosmetics when it was still a Club Med. She was told that the Club resort style was build to be very spacious. And it was real jungle then....

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
704 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

27 BUILDINGS perhaps, but there are only 4 sections with "hotel"rooms - Mountains, Stars, Clouds, & Sea...so divide 484 by 4 instead!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

Been to Las Brisas several times and although there maybe 484 rooms/27 buildings, Las Brisas is beautiful! and with having 3 (4) beaches, we have yet to feel crowded or overwhelmed.

Enjoy your trip

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

I'm absolutely positive we will all like our individual rooms and the resort. THE big concern for my group is that wheels down is at 3 pm which is a really late arrival time for us AND we need 5 rooms both deluxe and junior suites close to each other.

It's been quite a few years since we did a resort complete (Punta Cana) and it is our least favorite set up. If Las Brisas wasn't so close to town, we wouldn't consider it. Gilded cages are not for us, want to explore the town and spend time in the cantinas.

I sent an email to Las Brisas on Monday and got a response last night. Hopefully the management can help me calm concerns. I just want to research fun things to do ...

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
704 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

Do a search on Las Brisas rooms/sections on TA - this will give you a bettter idea of the layout. Avoid taking rooms on main level, they can be musty. Most suites (I believe) are on the 3rd level, some rooms on 2nd level may have ocean view obscured by trees. Las Brisas is rhe only resort on Tangalunda Bay, that has beaches that virtually always swimmable, & shallow enough for young children. There's also a small botanical garden wirh all the plants labelled. You will have a great time - don't worry!

8. Re: 484 rooms in Las Brisas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:16