We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Zumba classes in Huatulco?

HuatulcoTV has some great videos and one of them was a Zumba class, any chance there are Zumba classes going this winter? If not is there latin dance classes? I know enough routines to do it myself if I have to, but a class would be really special.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Hi, I'm going to Huatulco for the first time on Dec 28, so I'm not familiar with what's going on in Huatulco. I checked the zumba.com website and there are no classes currently listed for Huatulco. Hopefully someone else will have more info on this.

Christi

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

I'm hoping I can find something similar, like dance exercise etc. I'm thinking the Zumba certfication fees might keep those instructors in more populated or touristy locations. Now I'll take any kind of dance exercise thing for the experience. Worst case I'll find a firm tach of sand and go solo. It's just too much fun not to do it outside in jan.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Are you only into dance or open for some yoga? We have several friends that have taken classes with Jane, I'm going to give this a try in Feb.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150789-d1…

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Thanks for the info, but no yoga for me. I'm not really very health conscious I just like to dance.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

There is a dance studio in La Cruceita above Barbara's pizza place (a few blocks south of the main square). I heard they will offer Zumba classes, bellydancing and other latin dance classes. I will ask around for more info and post an update here.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

That would be awesome! I found a 3 month old post on tomzap about a demonstration...

Any info on the dance studio would be much appreciated.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Renee, Is Terrasina on Colorin the place you call Barbara's pizza place?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Jenny, that is Terrasina, Barbara's place. On Colorin across from the Arricefe Hotel.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

OK, went to Barbara's last evening. The sign on the dance stdio upstairs has "Zumba and Salsa" The name is something like Dancbamba. No Phone number and no biz card. Seems to get going around 8PM but some were arriving after 7.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zumba classes in Huatulco?

Perfect! Thanks for the information I'll try to make that our first stop on Sat. Just catch a cab and ask for Barbara's Terrasina across from Arricefe Hotel on Colorin.