We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
691 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Ok...Belly up to the bar folks, What's your pleasure? - no need to shove, there's room for all.....

My favorite drinks...Oaxacan Margarita @ Hemingways, made with Orange juice instead of lime. The combination of the smokey taste of the mezcal, & the sweeter OJ, makes the drink almost seem warming, but the worm salt will perk you up.

Iguana Cocktail from the former Iguana Bar - Mezcal, Lime juice & fresh mint - "A Mexican Mohito!" Very refreshing,

HuatulcoPedro, please encourage the owners to continue to offer this when the seafood restaurant opens next week!

Michelada/Chelada - Available almost everywhere - numerous variations of Beer, lime juice & something spicey. There's nothing like it when its too hot to drink, & too hot not to drink!

Alan & Tracy

(thought the forum could do with a little bit of lightness, about now - getting very tense!)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Alan & Tracy

I will try each drink you have suggested, cannot wait till January!

Thank You for info

What was your favorite at Las Brisas?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,987 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

I'm too boring. My favorite is Bohemia. Still the best beer I have discovered in a long quest.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Alan and Tracy, the bar that was in the Iguana is moved upstairs so I believe you will still get you favorite drink. From what I've seen there is not much room for a bar in the seafood area but we will see soon!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

I generally stick to beer but will be looking to try a few of these! No arguing about who has to drive home :)))

Does Las Brisas have a drink menu?

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

My favorite drinks are also the Oxacan Margarita at Hemingways, from the Iquana Bar the "Dietico" (Fresca, Mezcal and Lime). YUMMMY! Now I am really counting the days until our next visit!

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Oh...I forgot to mention Montejo beer!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

my ritual is a cold beer on the flight an hour before landing, and my first drink at the resort is always kahlua on ice splash of cream.......tastes better in Mexico than Canada haha

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
778 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Yeah, Deb... Montejo beer!! Looking forward to seeing you & Brian in February.

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Looking forward to seeing you and Annie as well. We arive on the 9th of February. Let the countdown begin!!!

Edited: 09 December 2012, 19:54
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Drinks & Location 2012-2013

Dreamer300:

Re Favourite Las Brisas drink:

One of my faves was a Miami Vice,

1/2 Pina Colada, 1/2 Strawberry Margarita.

The two aren't mixed together, so you've got the pale yellow /white & the bright red, floating in the same glass - very pretty very delicious!