We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could pick just one.....

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
654 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
If you could pick just one.....

What tour would you recommend?

I'm embarrassed to say that this will be our 3rd visit to Huatulco and we have yet to go on a single tour! We've always found lots to do on our own. This year we are thinking of taking a tour. Any suggestions or preferences? Finally....two more weeks and we will be in Huatulco!!!! We booked in April! lol

Edited: 28 January 2013, 00:58
Edmonton
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: If you could pick just one.....

On a boat to tour, snorkel and lunch at Ar Caray

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
654 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you could pick just one.....

I was kind of thinking that.....but being not a "boat person" do they head right out miles and miles out into the ocean? Or just kind of stay close to the bays? I'd not be a fan of going out as far as they take people out to fish. But if they just kind of go in and out of bays, I think I could handle that. Last year some of our party wne tout fishing for the day and out of 10 of them 6 came back quite sick....

Edited: 28 January 2013, 02:05
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you could pick just one.....

Tour of the Bays with Hurricane Divers & Pauline's Lunch. I'm not sure of the distance they go from shore, but they go in & out of several bays and an awesome lunch on one of the beaches.

If you don't want to be on the water, hire a driver/guide go to Copilata, beautiful ruins with tons of history.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you could pick just one.....

We enjoyed Tour of the Bays. At that time (2006) we booked through the airline ( not sure if it was Air Transit or Signature) they didnt go out far, stopped at a secluded beach, then lunch in Entrega .

Another time we went for the Horseback riding . We spent most of the time riding thru the jungle and about 10 minutes riding on the beach. I was disappointed for I was hoping for more riding on the beach.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
349 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you could pick just one.....

I would do a panga tour as well.

A few years ago we went with one of the guys who walks the beach - it was just us and one other couple and we set where we went.

He stayed pretty close to shore, followed the shore line and pulled into each bay were we either stayed and snorkelled for a bit or just cruised around. If you take more of a "private" trip like this it might be more suitable for you.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: If you could pick just one.....

Just tell them you want to stay close-real close and they will oblige, they can go slow for you also

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you could pick just one.....

Hurricane Divers snorkel tour, with Pauline's lunch at a private beach. You don't have to snorkel....

We did it twice and loved it both times!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you could pick just one.....

I went for a week last month and took 4 tours and really enjoyed the Classic Coffee Mountain Tour with Sunwing. Highlight was the market at Pochulta.

It was $85. Left at 8am and back at 1730. Included a great buffet lunch and alcohol/drinks amd of course lots of coffee. Always nice to get away from the water for a change on a beach vacation.

A great half day tour was Rough Guide for $28. You leave at 15:20 and back at 19:00. Great views of the coastline for some pictures and you tour the town. Included 2 Coronas and about 10 samples of Mescal. Eating of grasshoppers is mantatory. Worth every penny and a great overview of the area. Nice and cooler in the evening. (There is also a morning tour)

Wish I could of made it to Oaxaca City (and Mont Alban). Eveybody says that is a MUST. That will be my first trip next time back to Huatulco.

Good luck in your choice.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you could pick just one.....

I agree with itchyandscratchey

Hurricaine 7 bay snorkle tour along with paulines gorumet lunch and snacks

is the one tour that stands above them all

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

Canada
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you could pick just one.....

I agree with solar1224 suggestions. You will learn more about the area and see the land. If you are not a boat person, maybe the city tour is the way to go. You visit a few areas by land.

We did the 7 bay tour through the hotel and had a complete blast, but we love waves and rough water, and a bit of a party atmosphere. The day we went the water was pretty rough and a couple people were sick even on the big catamaran. It was about an 8 hour day.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco