We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas or ???

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Las Brisas or ???

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Huatulco, we like to go A.I., I can book 7 days at Las Brisas for about $400 pp usd less than Secrets and about $300 less than Dreams.Anyone have any first hand opinions on how these places compare ? We're pretty low maintenance, just looking for nice beaches, clean facilities and decent food. Any help appreciated ! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,847 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas or ???

Wow, fantastic price! I'm booked in for wk in Feb.. My first time, but Las Brisas came highly recommended by a travel agent friend of mine.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,847 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas or ???

That is typically the price difference. Beaches are nicer at las brisas. As far as everything else....food, drinks and accommodation better at the others. Can't say great price as you didn't state a price.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas or ???

Las Brisas has all that and with the extra money you save can do more excursions or shopping! Just be aware of the walking and steps.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,847 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas or ???

although we have not stayed at Secrets or Dreams, hubby and i are Las Brisas fans.

Las Brisas has 3 beach areas ( one is a snorkel beach) , all areas have tons of chairs with shade .

We never went hungry ( omlettes are oh so yummy!! ) and like bryna said, the money you save gives you more options.

As far as cleanliness, it is indeed clean.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,847 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas or ???

Thanks for the input, we always use T.A. to help choose our resorts, it's never let us down. Just reading the reviews for Las Brisas and seems they are a little more "all over the map" compared to others.As far as cost goes, we can get a week at Las Brisas for $1280 usd,p.p. that includes non-stop flight out of Minneapolis.Love the looks of the area, can't wait to see it in person !

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,847 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Medicine Hat, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas or ???

we stayed in Barcelo last year which is right next to dreams. Dreams was new and polished and very nice from what we could see from walking around. Pools look great too. The beach is shared with Barcelo and was nice and quiet and relaxing....great little bay. Only a few merchants trying to sell on the beach but very respectful and don't hassle you or bother you if you are not interested.

We are going to try out Las Brisas in about 3 weeks, we hear the beach there is excellent and great for snorkelling! Sunshine awaits.....

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
4,847 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Brisas or ???

We got las brisas ocean view suites for $1100 pp out of MPS for the beginning of the month, which was a steal. Our criteria was the same as your and we were very happy. "We'd come back" was a very common comment n our group of 9.

All the rooms are on a cliff so steep walks to the beach, but we made them probably three or four times a day. Others in the group used the people movers, and reports short waits except when the evening show was over.

The savings did make the usual "what about the prepaid food here?" comments extinct when we went to one of the towns in the evening. Especially with reasonably priced places like Hemmingway's.

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Brisas or ???

Well, we went ahead and booked Las Brisas,Mar.16-23, can't wait ! I ended finding some cheaper packages for Secrets and Dreams but we'd already talked ourselves into Las Brisas.My wife is a workout warrior so she's excited about all the steps and walking, me, not so much, I'm looking forward to the calm water and nice beaches.We've gone to the carribbean the past several years and the water was too rough for swimming and snorkeling a good share of the time.We'll have fun, we always do !

Canada
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Brisas or ???

Exciting when its booked!

You will enjoy it and it is a good value. There was never a day we couldn't swim or the sun didn't shine! My review should be up in a day or so and then I will add pictures.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 16:48
Canada
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Brisas or ???

Update...my review is posted. TA didn't send that email notice like they said. Let me know if you have any questions.