We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

Milwaukee, Wi
Level Contributor
49 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

My wife and I are arriving in Huatulco on March 2nd. I've been looking at the upcoming weather (10 day forecasts). It shows close to 100 degrees every day. My question is does it really feel like 100 degrees. We are looking forward to the heat, but just have to laugh out loud since we live in Wisconsin and it's 10 degrees out. LOL

french river...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

yes it will be.but so very nice. lots of beautifull beaches. playas are very clean.

if this is your first time here you will love it. we had been to p.v. for many years. and been coming to huatulco for 9 years. this is the place to be, guaranteed.

do not know where you are staying, but if you are in a a.i. make sure you go out of your hotel. crucecita is very nice. great restaurants. viena restaurant in tangolunda. juanita cafe and la terraza in santa cruz. westside cafe for breakfast and hamburgers. terra cotta, clean,air condition and great food. and last but not least great fish burger in la bocana(my favourite beach) at los gueros.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

The heat and humidity rises this time of year. As suggested try to get out and explore. Usually a good breeze on all the beaches.

Yes that fish burger is excellent and they have real fried potatoes. Best hamburgers are off the local carts. Try Los Gallos in town on Carrizal Street. The little local Mexican restaurants are wonderful.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

Pace yourself, drink plenty of water and rest when you need to. It can get really hot and humid in March.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

Where did you get the 100F? One of the regular contributors told me that the temperature you will be quoted on a weather app. you might have on your smartphone etc. is for the airport. At the beach, will be, and I use this word loosely, cooler. Secrets has a beach webcam that gives temperature and I am checking it out way too frequently as we get closer to our arrival. The daytime temperature on the beach is usually 88-90F

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

I have lived here in Huatulco for 17 winters now and have never seen 100f

Allmost always 82 - 86 f here in residential Conejos

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

Wayne, I can say from experience that it is normally a wee bit cooler at your place than it is in town or on the beaches. (elevation, maybe??) I don't know about 100s but I wouldn't be surprised at 90 + temps and a fair amount of humidity in March. Some of us are coming from colder climates and as wonderful as the weather in Huatulco can be, the heat can be a bit of a shock to our northern systems ........... (yes, I know, we go there to get away from the cold and act surprised that it is really hot! go figure!)

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

It was 89 F on our back patio yesterday. You can be pretty much guaranteed that that the weather is 30-35 C every day at this time of the year. Every day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,590 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

It is by far the hottest pace in Mexico we have been. Up on level 7 by the pool at the Crown Pacific it was easily hitting 40c in early afternoon almost daily.

But it is a dry heat, at least. Which helps a lot. We still prefer it to being chilly or too windy like many other places in Mexico in winter.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

Amen to that! Hate the wind on the Caribbean side. The only time where I was pretty uncomfortable (and I like it hot) was when I was there in June. Not much of a breeze, even at the beach, and the humidity was crazy high. We usually always go in March, and I find that the humidity isn't too bad then.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it really close to 100 degrees in Huatulco

April and May is close to 100. In town withe cement can be close to 125. Right now in our condo, with fans on and no sun bearing down its 82.4. Outside mucho mas. And right now it is not a dry heat. Humidity is rising a bit daily. April and May are brutal but water frequently and dead slow as mariaguapa says is good. There are no bad tmes here in terms of weather.