We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Horror Stories

cobourg,on.ca.
Level Contributor
256 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Horror Stories

Anyone stay at Secrets 2 or 3 weeks ago ? We arrived at Huatulco on the 19th. of Feb. My friend was at the airport waiting for our plane to take back home. My friend was telling us about the overbooking of Secrets by Sunwing , he was staying at Dreams, where he said they sent 100 people to Dreams, some to Cancun, and some back home , due to overbooking of Secrets . I was just wondeing if anyone on here experienced any of the above, as you know how rumors fly. I stayed at the Costello , through Sunwing and never had a problem. I would also like to say i would go back to the Costello in a heartbeat.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

overbook secrets?....Has it ever been full?

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

There have been many forum posts and reviews saying it is so. I did not book through an agent and did call the resort and was assured my lovely room away from the snow would be waiting for me!

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

Lengthy thread on this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150789-i740-k6142…

cobourg,on.ca.
Level Contributor
256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

sounds like what my friend told me at the airport is true. WOW, doe's not look good for Sunwing.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

Wow people get over it! A human error was made by an individual, and yes it adversely affected people's vacation, which is really sad. It was a one week glitch and Secrets has offered compensation, reportedly a free week. In no way was it a conspiracy or an ongoing problem.

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
641 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

Nobody was sent home, nor were they sent to Cancun. Funny how rumours get going huh? Yes, many were placed at Dreams (which is a great resort) but yeah, it wasn't what they booked or paid for. And stuff does happen sometime. But according to a friend of mine that works at Dreams he said....that the computers just kept booking even though it was full. And that all were compensated.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

I wouldn't mind being compensated for a free return visit. That would take care of next year's vacation.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

Horror, not the right word. Inconvenience, disappointment perhaps. I remember being stuck at Dreams some years ago on a Apple charter. We were to leave on a Saturday but because of a snowstorm couldn't leave till Wednesday. Some thought it was a horror I thought it was a blessing.

As Forest Gump says, if life gives you lemons make lemonade.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

When I saw the headline I thought it was in regards to this recently posted video... Beach Brawl at Secrets..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJzvjpNdsM

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
641 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Horror Stories

Is that video for real? My Gawd ....that's crazy! Lol. That beach is friggin huge!

Edited: 01 March 2013, 02:18